FoxTrot

Ground breaking (literally) world holes.

Don't get me wrong but this game has some pretty interesting ground-breaking glitches. And as an early access player it is my job to report and b**** about these topics, so here we go.

Man I love this game but at times I am walking through a cave and suddenly with out warning I am throw into this! 20170101174902_1.jpg

In this picture I am depicted falling through the earth. I eventually ended up on the other side and died next to some astronium.  The glitch happened when I was going through a cave and stumbled of a world hole and quickly snapped a screenshot;20170101174850_1.jpg

I was taking screenshots of it before and so I have these20170101174836_1.jpg20170101174841_1.jpg

As you can see I found my body later and grabbed my stuff. Anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have a solution? Post below.  

Steam; foxtrot or Mr.brightside42

Just now, LowJacK604 said:

When I launch y current game, I get this on Barren.  If I tap the extraction tool it pops back to being visible.

wut

25 minutes ago, travin said:

search the forums, tons of related posts.

I know. And if enough of us post this it will get hella noticed and the devs will see it as a serious issue

2 hours ago, FoxTrot said:

I know. And if enough of us post this it will get hella noticed and the devs will see it as a serious issue

I was answering your questions, "Anyone else having this issue?" and " Does anyone have a solution?"

Edited by travin

Those are the most intense world holes I've ever seen.  I've seen some misalignment between chunks, and in multiplayer a chunk not loading in at all once, but this is on another level.

Edited by CherubimCW

15 minutes ago, CherubimCW said:

Those are the most intense world holes I've ever seen.  I've seen some misalignment between chunks, and in multiplayer a chunk not loading in at all once, but this is on another level.

Yeah that's what I thought. It's like some chunk just was moved to this place and replaced another. It looks like something else should align with it. But that's what you get in a procedurally generated game.

Had a similar bug on my world. Didn't spot it until too late, fell through & died. Had to spend ages re-locating Rover which I eventually did. It was in a cavern, suspended in mid-air. Screenshot of the hole. I ended up covering it over with the tool and sticking a beacon next to it so that I avoided it just in case it bugged out again.

361420_20161225142557_1.png

9 hours ago, CodeIsBroken said:

Screenshot of the hole. I ended up covering it over with the tool and sticking a beacon next to it so that I avoided it just in case it bugged out again.

you can see how it looks like it would fit in with another terrain