Sign in to follow this  
Stephen

Building Unique Bases

All the base components so far are purely functional. It would be fun to build bases like in games like minecraft or terraria, but cooler - Astroneer style.

In most games that have this feature... there is the consequence of spam and griefing on multiplayer servers.

However, I like the idea of this.
Some unrestricted building would be very nice and spark creativity in players.  If added this could potentially add a lot more freedom, in addition this can also make the game's world feel less barren.

The consequence of spam and griefing didn't stop Notch from making billions on a sale of his game to Microsoft. :-)

That is of course always a concern but it definitely shouldn't stop this idea from happening. I assume that the way they will implement this is by having an upgraded terraform tool or just different ones you can switch between to form shapes, copy objects, etc. Of course a key to this will be being able to apply textures/colors

Edited by Matthew Burt

One half of my brain says that this could be pretty cool, the other half tells me it's kinda useless and a waste of hhd space and a devs time. I'm having quite a lot of fun with the terraforming tool myself.