Hey everyone. Ive got alot of ideas for the devs and i hope maybe one will make it to the game. This is a mockup i made in blender for a possible Portable Storm Support Station or (PSSS). Basically you could build this, and if you got trapped out in a storm in a bad situation you could place this on the ground and it would keep you safe. Now i know you could just dig but this could be a nice addition for a storm that sneaks up on you out of nowhere.

astroneer portable.png

Thanks man, yeah thats kind of the idea. I may rework the model a little bit. Though we dont have a way to add anything to the game would be cool to make it though haha.

I agree and would love to have this. Even if you dig, sometimes the debris from the storm can still reach you and cause you harm. If we had something like this we would be 100% safe from that unexpected wild storm that creeps up on us lol

I like the design, it reminds me of the life pod from subnautica, with a big inflatable ring on the bottom.

This could work out great since I have read on their roadmap that they are planning on implementing water, that way it can float as well.

Edited by Frenzygator

Its to easy , 

So you just pop that down and your save . Then you never die agan .

i think this will make the game way way way to easy . 

But its a good idea and nice picture

Well the idea was yes you could be safe from flying debris, nobody said the wind couldn't take it and have a possibility of throwing it around. Plus they are planning to make the storms worse.

I don't get why you would even want this. You can have multiple hab modules, or whatever they're called, and being in a seat protects you from storms.

But mainly, I don't see how this is easier than digging a hole and covering it up again. That protects you 100% from storms, and it's something you can do at all times, without having to carry something else.

I think the meaning of this idea is that you can store it on your back instead of having to carry it with you by hand or on a vehicle like the other seats or the habitat.

It would also be cool if you could use it to fall down a mountain or cliff without hurting yourself.

6 hours ago, Frenzygator said:

I think the meaning of this idea is that you can store it on your back instead of having to carry it with you by hand or on a vehicle like the other seats or the habitat.

It would also be cool if you could use it to fall down a mountain or cliff without hurting yourself.

Yes exactly, actually it would be cool to have a gyro ball machine for traversing the landscape.

Edited by CyStash
misspelling
4 minutes ago, CyStash said:

Yes exactly, actually it would be cool to have a gyro ball machine for traversing the landscape.

Is this better than just digging yourself into a hole in the ground? That takes no extra items and it's fast. What does this PSSS offer over that?

6 hours ago, Bihlbo said:

Is this better than just digging yourself into a hole in the ground? That takes no extra items and it's fast. What does this PSSS offer over that?

Well besides the digging being a little buggy at the moment. This offers not only safety from storms, but as mentioned earlier it could be used to float in the water. It might be a not as useful feature at the moment but in the event that they add different kinds of storms it might become something that is needed.

5 minutes ago, CyStash said:

Well besides the digging being a little buggy at the moment. This offers not only safety from storms, but as mentioned earlier it could be used to float in the water. It might be a not as useful feature at the moment but in the event that they add different kinds of storms it might become something that is needed.

Ah, I didn't know there was anything buggy about digging. I've only played 14 hours so far, and have dug myself into a hole for only 3 storms, so maybe I just haven't experienced the bugs yet. But for features that aren't in the game yet, you have a pretty good idea.

9 minutes ago, Bihlbo said:

Ah, I didn't know there was anything buggy about digging. I've only played 14 hours so far, and have dug myself into a hole for only 3 storms, so maybe I just haven't experienced the bugs yet. But for features that aren't in the game yet, you have a pretty good idea.

Thanks. Yeah I found an issue where if you try to build the ground up under you, you glitch and fall under the ground. I have some more ideas I'm working modeling right now. Hopefully the devs will see this post!!