Idea - Pack Accessories v.1

aetherphalanx

Astropack Accessory Ideas.

1. Jumpjets.  Require power, very limited jump improvement. 1.25 jump ability perhaps? Likely just require one of the slots on the pack. Multiple units don't stack. (Don't want anyone flying away from the surface of the moon, with 10 jumpjets on their pack. =)

2. DDT/Agent Orange. Perhaps a setting on the terrain gun or a canister for the pack.  Maybe native plant research should be required?  An ability to obliterate foliage without modifying terrain. I despise all the extra growth that tends to build in and around my outposts.  Hurts performance, and disrupts my "pretty" factor in my builds.  Should destroy the organic resource harvesting ability as a liability.

3. Depth Gauge. Pretty self explanatory. Useful for spelunking some of the more complex and deeper cave networks where the layer colors are not obvious or noticeable.

4. GPS.  This should probably be much more advanced. Perhaps requiring the building and launching of a satellite package, or even multiple satellites to activate. Not an actual module. Represented by simple coordinates on the HUD.

5. Wreckage Sensors.  Indicator on HUD within an X proximity to wreckage/downed satellites.  Part of a larger idea that certain "blueprints/technologies" should be split into categories.  HAB/Rover/Outpost techs requiring human research items, Xeno technologies, ie., "filters, DDT, something to deal with those big sandworm bastards on the radiated planet" and finally perhaps an Exotic group for alien techs, rarest research finds etc.

This obviously could expand into Xeno and Exo Research "sensors." Assuming of course the number of research nodes will be drastically reduced in coming expansions.  It's pretty easy as is to just spelunk into even the first 2 depths and find a plethora of research.

6. Resource Sensors.  Similar to above.  Assumes resources will become much more difficult and sparse and perhaps even more numerous in variations.  Expands into the concept of more diverse and exotic resources as well.  Perhaps resources that ONLY come from various planets, etc.

I'll build onto this series over time.  Right now time to go eat leftover Christmas goodies and watch Martian, Interstellar and Gravity..... who am I kidding? You know damn well I'm going to go play more Astroneer.