F1Z3D-UP

Fully Working Space Station

Recommended Posts

I think they should add a Space Station into the game, Heres how it would function.

- The Space Station would orbit the planet it was built on.
- The Space Station would have 4 docking stations for 4 different shuttles and 2 docking stations for different spaceships.
- The Space Station would require, Aluminum, Copper, Titanium, Lithium, Compound and Resin to make, Or it could be made with scavanged crashed probe pieces.
- The Space Station would have a Printer, Reserch, Smelter and a Fuel Condenser.
- The Space Station would also contain a trade station and a Shuttle Bay (Will Explain Later)
- The Space Station would require around 20 tanks of hydrozine to be launched into space.

* Shuttle Bay Idea *

Second idea is that you could flout around the space station, you'd be connected by a cord offcorse.

- The Shuttle Bay will be outside the space station, and would allow you to build space crafts like the Shuttle and SpaceShip.
- It would also allow you to build an Unman'd space rover (Will Explain Later) which is a new vehicle idea.
- I it would also allow you to repair your Space Station (Will Explain Later)

* Unman'd space rover *

This is a new vehicle idea, 

- This vehicle will be controlled remotely by you from the confort of your space station, It can be destroyed unlike rovers and trucks.
- This vehicle will be attached to a Mini shuttle that will fly it to any planet and drop it off before leaving to refuel. You can collect your rover any time.
- The Rover can be damaged and can be destroyed, mostly from rolling or storms.
- The Rover will have 10 spaces for meterials, and 2 arms, 1 with a drill and one with a hand to grap meterials.
- One collected the rover will be flown back to the space station and docked 

* Space Station Gameplay *

This is how the space station would funcion

- The Space Station will require power to function and supply air, if a solar panel is damaged by an asteroid, it must be repaired, or the space station must be evacuated, as your character will suffacate within 10 minuetes.
- Asteroids can also damage the hull of the Space Station, And Oxigion will start decreasing, this must be repaired or you will suffocate.
- The Space Station must be maintained, by you or your friends :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, F3ARofH00Dlnl28 said:

I think this would be a great idea to the idea of space survival and I totally think this would be something that I would enjoy.

Thank You! :)

I really hope the developers will consider it, and maybe in the next couple off months it will become a reality :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of a space station but think it would work better as the starting point and tutorial of the game. But you could also return to the station and continue upgrading it once you had built your first shuttle or space ship.

The station would have a shuttle/spaceship docking point at the centre but begin with just a hab which was launchable when you had completed the tutorial. It would have slots for buildings and equipment (printer, fuel condensor, solar panel, battery, etc) similar to how the hab does. The tutorial would take you through building some of the basic modules and equipment and end with you launching to your first planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was well thought out! I hope the developers see this and take some notes! I'll be with you on this one! "Houston to Astroneer you have a go"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Adz said:

I like the idea of a space station but think it would work better as the starting point and tutorial of the game. But you could also return to the station and continue upgrading it once you had built your first shuttle or space ship.

The station would have a shuttle/spaceship docking point at the centre but begin with just a hab which was launchable when you had completed the tutorial. It would have slots for buildings and equipment (printer, fuel condensor, solar panel, battery, etc) similar to how the hab does. The tutorial would take you through building some of the basic modules and equipment and end with you launching to your first planet.

Your idea is also great! , But I think I'm going to stick to my own one, There's just something so satisfying of finally getting enough materials to craft something so huge, However you can also craft it from scavenging the wrecked space crafts on the planet, as said in my post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SpacePotatoe said:

I would like to see space station but not as a object that you can craft.

I think you should be able to craft it, otherwise its kind of too easy, if you get what I'm saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Articszs said:

It would be cool to trade with aliens or with the Space Station

 

 

 

I get where you're coming from, but aliens? , I mean the Trade Post does that pretty much, However, trading with other players on another planet, that might actually work :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oGREASERo said:

This was well thought out! I hope the developers see this and take some notes! I'll be with you on this one! "Houston to Astroneer you have a go"

Thank You So Much!

It means alot seeing people enjoy my stuff, and I also really, really hope the developers see this and take note of this, or just use the whole idea :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The devs do go through the forums for ideals, but it may take a while for the active space station ideal to hit. Imho I love the self crafted space station ideal but I think that would be closer to the 1.0 full release game type thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Northstarranger said:

The devs do go through the forums for ideals, but it may take a while for the active space station ideal to hit. Imho I love the self crafted space station ideal but I think that would be closer to the 1.0 full release game type thing.

It could be, but I'm all for the "Take your time" approach, Although if they like this idea and will plan to add it, I'm hoping that it will be released in Alpha or Beta stage of the game :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2017 at 11:40 AM, F1Z3D-UP said:

I think they should add a Space Station into the game, Heres how it would function.

- The Space Station would orbit the planet it was built on.
- The Space Station would have 4 docking stations for 4 different shuttles and 2 docking stations for different spaceships.
- The Space Station would require, Aluminum, Copper, Titanium, Lithium, Compound and Resin to make, Or it could be made with scavanged crashed probe pieces.
- The Space Station would have a Printer, Reserch, Smelter and a Fuel Condenser.
- The Space Station would also contain a trade station and a Shuttle Bay (Will Explain Later)
- The Space Station would require around 20 tanks of hydrozine to be launched into space.

* Shuttle Bay Idea *

Second idea is that you could flout around the space station, you'd be connected by a cord offcorse.

- The Shuttle Bay will be outside the space station, and would allow you to build space crafts like the Shuttle and SpaceShip.
- It would also allow you to build an Unman'd space rover (Will Explain Later) which is a new vehicle idea.
- I it would also allow you to repair your Space Station (Will Explain Later)

* Unman'd space rover *

This is a new vehicle idea, 

- This vehicle will be controlled remotely by you from the confort of your space station, It can be destroyed unlike rovers and trucks.
- This vehicle will be attached to a Mini shuttle that will fly it to any planet and drop it off before leaving to refuel. You can collect your rover any time.
- The Rover can be damaged and can be destroyed, mostly from rolling or storms.
- The Rover will have 10 spaces for meterials, and 2 arms, 1 with a drill and one with a hand to grap meterials.
- One collected the rover will be flown back to the space station and docked 

* Space Station Gameplay *

This is how the space station would funcion

- The Space Station will require power to function and supply air, if a solar panel is damaged by an asteroid, it must be repaired, or the space station must be evacuated, as your character will suffacate within 10 minuetes.
- Asteroids can also damage the hull of the Space Station, And Oxigion will start decreasing, this must be repaired or you will suffocate.
- The Space Station must be maintained, by you or your friends :)

Great Idea, this would really open up travel between planets. Been able to dock and live in it would be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SHStefan said:

Great Idea, this would really open up travel between planets. Been able to dock and live in it would be awesome.

Thank You! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now