cpd

Why is there no "delete save" in a pre-alpha riddled with bugs?

Recommended Posts

A bit of a discussion topic/looking for answer from SES as to why there's no capability to delete saved in-game in a pre-alpha. Surely with pre-alpha, knowing its going to have bugs, deleting saves is relatively important as it wouldn't be unrealistic to find yourself stuck due to a bug and needing to start again. 

Why is there no in-game save delete capability? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole "delete" thing needs a lot of work, IMHO.  Delete game, delete platform build, delete node creation, etc etc.  I'm sure (hope) they are working on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting pessimistic about their so-called "commitment to improving the game based on feedback", System Era doesn't even try to fix the fps constant drop on consoles, no matter how much feedback sent. I mean if they don't even fix major issues in a reasonable time (within 48 hrs for a serious developper, and when I worked at Ubisoft, during Milestones testing and resolving major issues , such as crashes and fps, was set UNDER 12 hrs)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ajr_lachapelle said:

Getting pessimistic about their so-called "commitment to improving the game based on feedback", System Era doesn't even try to fix the fps constant drop on consoles, no matter how much feedback sent. I mean if they don't even fix major issues in a reasonable time (within 48 hrs for a serious developper, and when I worked at Ubisoft, during Milestones testing and resolving major issues , such as crashes and fps, was set UNDER 12 hrs)

You mean you are comparing Ubisoft with a indie team in a group of six?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, leFoodeater said:

You mean you are comparing Ubisoft with a indie team in a group of six?

Apparently.

The game just launched FFS... its pre-alpha. It will have some issues, and they only have so much hours in a day. Plus its the holidays, and they already HAVE pushed out some major patches which fixed widespread issues across the board.

Kids these days.

AS FOR THE TOPIC:

You can delete saves just by tossing them from your directory (until they get the main menu UI in to do it). Its in your {userdir}/AppData/Local/Astro/Saves/SaveGames/

But if you are on xbox... LMAO sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

20 hours ago, Nargg said:

The whole "delete" thing needs a lot of work, IMHO.  Delete game, delete platform build, delete node creation, etc etc.  I'm sure (hope) they are working on this.

 


^ THIS, exactly this
 

Quote

 

4 hours ago, Frigidman said:

You can delete saves just by tossing them from your directory (until they get the main menu UI in to do it). Its in your {userdir}/AppData/Local/Astro/Saves/SaveGames/

But if you are on xbox... LMAO sorry.

 

 


 

Quote

 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:55 AM, Pi_ said:

I don't have XB1, instead I bought the game from the Windows Store.  However, when I navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local there is not a folder for \Astro... very strange because when I start the game the two saves I have (ghost capsules) are showing on the space station.  I'm the only user on my computer so no chance I'm looking in the wrong directory.  So my question is, where are my game save files actually residing?

 

 

 

Quote

 

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:24 PM, Vic-tuK said:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks\SystemAppData\wgs\


The Folder ...\SystemEraSoftwork\... can have numerals and letters. in Folder ...\wgs\ can be one more or two follders. You need to find files, wich have names like this: "F470D3F115844848B7233A0269B439A9". That are a savefiles. Don't ask me, how I found it :)

Sorry for my English.

 


In the wgs\ directory look for files with the same date & time as the game save

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ajr_lachapelle said:

Getting pessimistic about their so-called "commitment to improving the game based on feedback", System Era doesn't even try to fix the fps constant drop on consoles, no matter how much feedback sent. I mean if they don't even fix major issues in a reasonable time (within 48 hrs for a serious developper, and when I worked at Ubisoft, during Milestones testing and resolving major issues , such as crashes and fps, was set UNDER 12 hrs)

You worked for the company who makes more bug filled broken games than any other company

 

are you serious right now? And, since you don't seem very aware, micorsoft has a QA process for patches before they get released to the console, the devs are probably trying to compile a bunch of smaller patches and release them as one big one on the console, but they probably can't release a patch to the console that would make the game worse bug or performance wise because MS would probably kick it back 

 

I've played this on xbox one and it runs much better than ark does, you want a steaming pile of sh**? Play ark!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Frigidman said:

Apparently.

The game just launched FFS... its pre-alpha. It will have some issues, and they only have so much hours in a day. Plus its the holidays, and they already HAVE pushed out some major patches which fixed widespread issues across the board.

Kids these days.

AS FOR THE TOPIC:

You can delete saves just by tossing them from your directory (until they get the main menu UI in to do it). Its in your {userdir}/AppData/Local/Astro/Saves/SaveGames/

But if you are on xbox... LMAO sorry.

The Pre Alpha label is NOT , As you seem to think, an excuse to slack off on major issues... Unless System Era is not really working to get to ALPHA Certification... And no I was not only comparing to Ubisoft, but to EVERY SERIOUS GAME DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES. A patch in 2 weeks IS slacking off. I know most of you kids don't care about wasting your parents money, but I'm the dad buying for his kids and wasting is not my forte. (And a word about console... when you get kids, you'll find out, keeping up with console is much less costly than pc parts -- but then again you might find out by running out of your parents money -- the whole quoting you did felt uttered by a spoiled brat)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zylo said:

You worked for the company who makes more bug filled broken games than any other company

 

are you serious right now? And, since you don't seem very aware, micorsoft has a QA process for patches before they get released to the console, the devs are probably trying to compile a bunch of smaller patches and release them as one big one on the console, but they probably can't release a patch to the console that would make the game worse bug or performance wise because MS would probably kick it back 

 

I've played this on xbox one and it runs much better than ark does, you want a steaming pile of sh**? Play ark!

ARK is a money grab rip off designed to get money from kids wasting from their parents ( I mean a DLC area expansion while game still pre-alpha?)... That is my point about Ubisoft, they make the worst games, BUT THEY DO WORK ON IT TOUHGH, unlike System "one patch fits all" Era

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pfff!

If you don't want to "waste" your money, why did you buy a pre-alpha? And 20 dollars is really a big loss? So maybe there are many other things to do with this money. So you're a dad? And you really can't understand what "hollidays" means? Especially for X-mas?

Save managment is on the road map, so devs are aware of this problem and are planning to work on this. Complaining and denigrating won't help much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Riddled with bugs?

I haven't seen any riddles for bugs... must be missing a mini game.

Something you'll need to share with us, as for lack of menu options, we've pointed this out, they know about it and likely have it down for changes.

As it is, there's workarounds.  Exit from game to desktop and delete manually.

As for the few other issues.  Build smaller bases.. etc etc. Common Sence really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Frigidman said:

You can delete saves just by tossing them from your directory (until they get the main menu UI in to do it). Its in your {userdir}/AppData/Local/Astro/Saves/SaveGames/

Thanks! I hadn't thought to look in AppData. Albeit I feel they shouldn't be saved here; especially for a pre-alpha. 

As for bugs not being fixed fast enough - sounds like a load of people talking about a process they don't understand. Thinking you should apply patches every 48 hours (excluding security patches) is just silly. A "critical" bug would be one that prevents the game from running or presents a serious security problem and would likely see a patch in under 48 hours. However, the game functions so there is no "critical" patch required. There are going to be hundreds of "major" bugs in a pre-alpha and when you purchase the game you should do so with that in mind and accept the game won't function as expected at times. 

The idea behind my OP was to try and stir enough "signatures" for SES to accept deleting saves in a buggy application is quite important for the end user when they can no longer continue in a given save due to some bug. I hadn't intended on stirring rants from individuals that think they know a thing or two about how to release software without knowing what process SES follow, what QA standards they have to adhere to, or any other contributing factors in the software development life cycle. 

Lots of love - another Software Engineer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adherence is being followed, as far as it is demanded, by xbox.

There are no moral obligations for releasing on pc.  Never have been and we've only been demanding them for decades.  Se have done well enough given their team size.  Your particular issues aren't that important, if you think they are and you're what you claim you are.. maybe you can fix your issues yourself?

No?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Frigidman said:

Apparently.

The game just launched FFS... its pre-alpha. It will have some issues, and they only have so much hours in a day. Plus its the holidays, and they already HAVE pushed out some major patches which fixed widespread issues across the board.

Kids these days.

AS FOR THE TOPIC:

You can delete saves just by tossing them from your directory (until they get the main menu UI in to do it). Its in your {userdir}/AppData/Local/Astro/Saves/SaveGames/

But if you are on xbox... LMAO sorry.

exactly,

 its suggested there needs to be more work on saves (being pre alpha they cant win on which thing to fix or develop, but hey) i maybe would follow the workaround rather moan about it, 

ajr_lachapelle , you seem hell bent on trolling on these forums?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mcdaggart said:

exactly,

 its suggested there needs to be more work on saves (being pre alpha they cant win on which thing to fix or develop, but hey) i maybe would follow the workaround rather moan about it, 

ajr_lachapelle , you seem hell bent on trolling on these forums?

If critics are considered trolling, this game will never go beyond pre-alpha... grow a pair wusses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ajr_lachapelle said:

If critics are considered trolling, this game will never go beyond pre-alpha... grow a pair wusses

no....im talking about what your posting that's nothing to do with the game, but hey 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mcdaggart said:

no....im talking about what your posting that's nothing to do with the game, but hey 

FPS drops not being addressed off the subject??? m'kay... if you say so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from another thread......... "If you want a fight you got one... I been itching to knock a civvie since I retired from service... Bring it it on! Baby street and Sainte-Anne boulevard 9pm eastern time, be there if you dare keyboard warrior MARTIN"

 

cant see FPS in there............ must be me, m'kay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mcdaggart said:

from another thread......... "If you want a fight you got one... I been itching to knock a civvie since I retired from service... Bring it it on! Baby street and Sainte-Anne boulevard 9pm eastern time, be there if you dare keyboard warrior MARTIN"

 

cant see FPS in there............ must be me, m'kay

hahahaa!!! Wait.. if he has a 1060.. or above.. he'll beat my fps hands down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Martin said:

Just ignore him mate.  He isn't worth the keyboard time.

yeah i realised that, shame mods arent about, hows that ignore thing work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wyv is probably still drunk from new year.. he'll have a fit when he next logs in.  Probably ban us all until the next new year.

Edited by Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, well ive been to each planet, made a base, ill play deus ex or rust until somethings updated, im still stuck on changing screen rez but its playable, better than that sky thing but to be fair havent played that since launch.

great premise, shaping to be a blockbuster in the summer i reckon, kudos!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now