cpd

Why is there no "delete save" in a pre-alpha riddled with bugs?

I'm sure that the pre-alpha players will have some kind of special grant when it will come to complete version, like a special outfit or vehicle/buildings customization...

20 minutes ago, Whitedog44 said:

I'm sure that the pre-alpha players will have some kind of special grant when it will come to complete version, like a special outfit or vehicle/buildings customization...

Assuming the game makes it to release. The biggest let-down of pre-alpha games is their high risk of failure yet you already paid :(. No matter how much devs say "we're committed" if their budget runs out, it runs out. 

4 minutes ago, Docers said:

Assuming the game makes it to release. The biggest let-down of pre-alpha games is their high risk of failure yet you already paid :(. No matter how much devs say "we're committed" if their budget runs out, it runs out. 

true, but its the players that will decide that.....

its very early days yet, less than a month since launch with holidays smack in the middle, im guessing things will ramp up in new year :)

15 minutes ago, Docers said:

True, And when I paid for a pre-release, I was aware of this risk. Anyway, the 67 hours of fun in this game was worth it.

And as mcdaggart says, I was really surprised to see some update during the hollidays. Sure the devs had a hard work before releasing the very first version of pre-alpha, and they could have taken the whole period between X-mas and New year's eve, it wouldn't have surprised me. But thet still took some time to do it ( though the .115 is not a good try, I can't wait for the next ;) ).

I have hope for this game, it's a very interesting idea, not another FPS ( I mean First Person Shooting, not Frame Per Second ), not aother violent game, suitable for young children, I guess many girls who don't like games much will love this one.

But who can tell what the future is maid of?

17 hours ago, Frigidman said:

Apparently.

The game just launched FFS... its pre-alpha. It will have some issues, and they only have so much hours in a day. Plus its the holidays, and they already HAVE pushed out some major patches which fixed widespread issues across the board.

Kids these days.

AS FOR THE TOPIC:

You can delete saves just by tossing them from your directory (until they get the main menu UI in to do it). Its in your {userdir}/AppData/Local/Astro/Saves/SaveGames/

But if you are on xbox... LMAO sorry.

You can delete your saves on XBOX ONE! Here's How! I made a video hope you guys enjoy my tutorial and watch it! Thanks! 

50506765983__E5726FA5-C9F6-4BF8-9A89-44D8E15FC647.MOV

4 minutes ago, Whitedog44 said:

You should make a new thread with this, 'cause many people have asked about this.

Did the vid load for you and was it helpful? 

Well in fact no, can't see the video.

It leads to a screen with this message :

"

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2C171/1

"

And it couldn't be helpful for me, 'cause I play on steam version ;)

But sure some people will love to see how they can delete saves on X box

Edited by Whitedog44

On 1/1/2017 at 5:42 AM, ajr_lachapelle said:

Getting pessimistic about their so-called "commitment to improving the game based on feedback", System Era doesn't even try to fix the fps constant drop on consoles, no matter how much feedback sent. I mean if they don't even fix major issues in a reasonable time (within 48 hrs for a serious developper, and when I worked at Ubisoft, during Milestones testing and resolving major issues , such as crashes and fps, was set UNDER 12 hrs)

I have seen you mention Ubisoft several times now in reference to quality.   Do you even understand the irony of this?  The only game I have ever asked for a refund on steam was Might & Magic Heroes VII.  It was four months past the release and it will still so buggy I couldn't progress past the first map due to crashes.   Ubisoft ruined one of the best franchises in gaming history and they ruined it with progressively more horrible levels of quality.

On 1/1/2017 at 8:42 AM, ajr_lachapelle said:

Getting pessimistic about their so-called "commitment to improving the game based on feedback", System Era doesn't even try to fix the fps constant drop on consoles, no matter how much feedback sent. I mean if they don't even fix major issues in a reasonable time (within 48 hrs for a serious developper, and when I worked at Ubisoft, during Milestones testing and resolving major issues , such as crashes and fps, was set UNDER 12 hrs)

Tell me he didn't just compare the six-employee System Era to Ubisoft.  Tell me he didn't just do that.

Just now, Diabolus_Musica said:

Tell me he didn't just compare the six-employee System Era to Ubisoft.  Tell me he didn't just do that.

Yeah, he's a genius isn't he?

38 minutes ago, Diabolus_Musica said:

Well that wasn't the exact word I was looking for...

It was meant to be sarcasm bud, lol.

On 02/01/2017 at 8:34 PM, Whitedog44 said:

Yeah, I bought this game. Could never lauinch it ^^

Have you submitted a bug report, attached any crash reports you have etc? Worth doing because that is a critical bug - assuming its not your system conflicting in some way of course. 

On 1/2/2017 at 2:04 PM, Diabolus_Musica said:

yep he did.. of course he can't find the forum folder created just to submit bugs or the one for new features..so what type of engineer he was at Ubisoft is up for debate.

Of course he could have been a manager there..he sounds like a manager. 

6 hours ago, Docers said:

Have you submitted a bug report, attached any crash reports you have etc? Worth doing because that is a critical bug - assuming its not your system conflicting in some way of course. 

I was talking about Might and Magic heroes VII. This one was a waste of money ( at least for me ).

Hey, by the way you can delete saves on Xbox, but you have to delete all of your saves.

Go into 'manage game' and delete saved data for your account. This will delete all your saved games on Astroneer so be careful!

Guys - They clearly posted their intent to be in early access for at least a few years. This is a marathon not a sprint. If you want immediate satisfaction to bugs and new content requests you'll need to look elsewhere.