Sign in to follow this  
Andfor

Not enough compound outside the starter planet

I've been to all the planets in my solar system and after extensive searching could not find any compound, and scarce resin. I don't onto if it's a mechanic or if I just got unlucky, but it should be fixed. Otherwise absolutely love the game though and can't wait to see it after a few updates.

10 minutes ago, YOWSH said:

There are ways to solve this problem if you're clever...

Ooo cryptic. 

Just transfer resources from one place to another using an array of large storage with small storage attached to it on a spaceship (Y). It's not hard. 

I've haven't experienced this problem except on barren planets, like Barren or Irradiated. All of the other planets have compound and resin on the surface in relatively common supply. It just takes a bit of searching.

Then again, if you're only looking on the surface, that's a strategy you'll need to change.

Edited by travin

Exploration solves all problems. The location of resin and compound will change it seems depending on the planet. Even the positions of metals changes too. Get mobile on a Rover and cover more ground, you will find some.

Now that I've played the game a few times, I have no issue with resources anymore and am to the moon quite quickly, whereby it lags out, vehicles disappear, etc and then I stop playing :D

Without giving much away..

What I do, when intending to explore planets, is build up a supply of needed materials and power supplies etc in my home base, then stack needed starting items on ship, fly, return, refuel, fly, return, refuel and so on, ferrying equipment back and forth.  All it takes is a little management.

Edited by Martin