SES_Adam

Think you found a bug in Astroneer and want to share it? Read this first.

Playing on the xbox one and was driving around in the truck when the world split open and fell though the ground into an underground cavern. I was able to patch up the ground but when i go near it the game either lags or the truck goes flying in the air 

I tried to start the game for long time, but it still won't work. When i launch the game, i can see just  a black screen. I can hear the sounds but controls (mouse and keyboard) don't respond, nothing happen. I' ve a steam account in a windows 7 (you can find more options on my last post in this forum)

Can't interact with the 2nd inventory spot on the right column. Attached is a copy of the save as well as a screen shot. If it means anything, I have a base on Terran, Barren, and here, Radiated. Bug occurs whether or not I use the backpack crafting slot or not. Tried restarting game.

Windows 7 x64, running the latest Steam version of Astroneer.

Untitled.png

SaveGames.7z

7 minutes ago, JohnSmith666 said:

Can't interact with the 2nd inventory spot on the right column. Attached is a copy of the save as well as a screen shot. If it means anything, I have a base on Terran, Barren, and here, Radiated. Bug occurs whether or not I use the backpack crafting slot or not. Tried restarting game.

Windows 7 x64, running the latest Steam version of Astroneer.

Seems to have fixed itself: When I crafted an oxygen tank, it filled that slot, and now the issue is fixed. Nothing else would have went into that slot. Still worth investigating to work out this bug though.

Windows 7, running the latest Steam version of Astroneer.
Keyboard and laptop touchpad.

Normally I try to place my tethers as far away as possible. This time, I tried to place an extra tether at a sharp angle to a previously existing 'tether line'. Rather than branching out, as I'd hoped (to mark the way back), it resulted in the same linear network but with an extra tether added in. I tried to remove it...

...and my whole tether system went down (I didn't count, but there might be more than 100 of them by now, with a few branches). Moving tethers restored the color of the network for short portions of the network, but not the functionality.

What seems to have solved the issue is slightly moving a tether /after/ dying in a cave and being returned to base camp.

Well, suffocating in a cave as a result of equipment failure seems pretty genuine at least =P

And another one to go!

I was killed by a prickly plant and, when returning to recover the items from my backpack, I discovered that they are miniaturized and floating in a way that makes it impossible to pick them up. By the looks of them, I think that's tethers, a beacon, and energy.

In the same cave system, I also lost a Common Organic Research item ( yellow-orange cuboid ) as I threw it a bit and it sunk through the floor...

astroneer1.png

8 hours ago, Suzuri said:

...and my whole tether system went down (I didn't count, but there might be more than 100 of them by now, with a few branches). Moving tethers restored the color of the network for short portions of the network, but not the functionality.

I have experienced this issue as well.

Windows 7, running the latest Steam version of Astroneer.
Keyboard and laptop touchpad.

1. Confirmation of bug - falling off mountain left no x-shaped death sticker. Presumably the items are now underground.

2. Confirmation of bug - older Power stacks sometimes don't work.

3. Generator stuck in inventory. I placed a Generator from its automatic 'on the side of the backpack' location to an inventory slot. This did not pose a problem at first, but after exit/opening the game again, it changed appearance (see below) and was unable to be removed. I was able to recover it by a controlled death and looting.

4. I call this bug 'Infinite hydrazine'. I am not sure how infinite it is, but certain is that I've been able to produce a lot of hydrazine by placing a Power stack in the Fuel Condenser input slot, and then taking it back to my inventory when it goes to the Fuel Condenser storage slot (to avoid the leftovers being used to recharge the Fuel Condenser). I have not attempted to replicate it with another Power stack.

5. (Confirmation?) I built a shuttle with a Habitarium top. It seemed to be vibrating a bit (vibrations removed by taking off the Habitarium). Before I could use it, the shuttle disappeared. Flying with a newly-built shuttle reveals that the first shuttle is floating somewhere in the atmosphere.

astroneer2.png

infinite_hydrazine.png

RESPAWN BUG:

Was in my 2nd home in Tundra, saw a terrain bug and jumped in, died when i resurfaced, but then

instead of repawning at my Tundra habitat, I flew through space back to my first base in Terran and became ghost (aka. flying camera) circling around my base (mouse control)

but never did actually repawn, all was good after I reloaded the save, back in tundra like nothing happened.

side note, yesterday my beacon was running away from me, I step forward, beacon backed up a step, finally cornered it in a cave and managed to catch it :D

20170506092158_1.jpg

Reaserched OXIGEN but find no way to implement it. 

Xbox1.    3.010158

Is this TANK if so it does not show on backpack as craftable item.  Found no other source to craft OXIGEN, 

The items you get from the plants won't spawn. You know how you find a plant and it says unknown, you click it and you get this ball type thing? Yeah, I don't anymore.

I play on Xbox and I was looking for a new world I liked until I found one. I had this glitch that kept me from progressing the game much because I can't make anything new. All I did was try 5-8 worlds then deleting them when I didn't like them, then I got this and no researchable in the plants. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Thanks

Pretty sure this intended but exploitable. The small towers with minable resources auto fill Everytime you load in. Park a vehicle by them and unlimited resin, compound etc.

I'm on xbox

On 6.6.2017 at 9:17 AM, Mininystrand said:

Can you please fix the saving issues, other then that good job on the game

What's the particular issue you're having? Does it not let you save or does your save break?

playing on steam, if i mine when my backpack is full, stuff simply pop in back of us, on the ground... . but if im not on a flat terrain, tool slightly "in" the ground, the stuff pop underground, and can be found in a cavern.

its kinda annoying, as my backpack is almost always full with equipment.   when i mine, most of time i left stuff dropping on ground then once done with the patch, i simply took it all and put in on  a storage.    i have to be extra carefull cause i lost much stuff cause of this bug :(

DxDiag-sammy.txt

On Xbox 1 after exiting my rover 5 to 6 times the game crashes to the dashboard. If I drive too far in my rover the game crashes to the dash board amd my character gets stuck when i get out of the largw shuttle. My Rover will not move when I start the game up while I am sitting inside of it. Causing me to hop out then back in thus costing me a vehicle exit getting me closer to a dashboard. 

I drove my rover and while I was driving I fell through the ground. I was flattening the ground to make a ramp so I could drive up it with my rover after I flattened it I drove up it and when I reached the top I fell through the world, I reloaded the game and it slingshot me into the sky and I landed on the ground but my rover is still a really long way underground. (Keyboard/Mouse)

(Mouse/Keyboard;Steam;Single Player) When i dig a big solarpanel, it just fly up to high and stuck (up to now 2 times(it may even grow)).  you can see on the picture.

And another, Somtime if i leave from the rover/truck, the car is flying away a little (or very) (and hit the ground). 

I hope i helped. ...

Névtelen.png

17 hours ago, Laurelly said:

(Mouse/Keyboard;Steam;Single Player) When i dig a big solarpanel, it just fly up to high and stuck (up to now 2 times(it may even grow)).  you can see on the picture.

And another, Somtime if i leave from the rover/truck, the car is flying away a little (or very) (and hit the ground). 

I hope i helped. ...

Névtelen.png

those bugs are known already..  dev are still working on it..  they didnt fix the floating rovers on last release, as they explain, they got some trouble adding it, but should be fix in an other patch soon... but cant say when :(

Edited by SammyTheRat

Sound bug ( I think )

In multiplayer when my coop partner destroys a plant which makes a sound I hear it across the map.

The shrooms are doing some really creepy sounds so I get really paranoid.

Shuttle Bug

I accidently clicked on the "fly further out option"(the icon) while I flew back to earth, as soon as I landed my game bugged, the textures showed a blue bar which rotated around me and i couldn't use the shuttle to fly back up, restarting and reloading didn't solve this problem.

was mistaken

ok, i was double mistaken. guess these things happen, but the power packs that you gather, once i load in, they don't work sometimes, so i have several power packs lying around doing nothing. not even charging my rover. Steam with mouse and keyboard

ASTRONEER (Game Preview) 7_19_2017 11_43_14 PM.png

Edited by LuanrChrysalis
apparently it fixed itself

this has been happening since i reinstalled the game after full windows reinstall today. ... new "nodes" veer off from centre. either to the left or right. ... to my left as in picture depicted.

the extension originally started in line with the other modules but then veered off before i could add resin. has only been happening after the first extension from the module.

astoneer error for report.png

Edited by bluemage