SES_Adam

Think you found a bug in Astroneer and want to share it? Read this first.

i found this bug during xbox one multiplayer:

my game was lagging and i entered my friend's habitat (that was on the back of his truck) and it flung the truck into the sky and we are yet to have found it (my friend wasn't flung with it)

i had this problem during xbox one single player:

if you play for a reasonable amount (and expand your base and gather resources) the game over all ust drops in frame rate and becomes unplayable.

this same bug is even worse when i play multiplayer, the game crashes nearly every hour 

i encountered this glitch/bug on xbox one multiplayer and alone play:

my trucks and rovers would randomly fly away like hot air balloons.

also, even when my truck or rover showed it was at full power it didn't move.

On 17/12/2016 at 6:10 AM, CompelledSine85 said:

BIG!!! bug on Xbox one with tethers:

I have found there is a BIG!! bug with tethers, as the more you place down on a planet your FPS starts to drop, for example I had a tether line of about 60 or more from my bass to a cave, once I added the last one to my base my FPS dropped, once I disconnected it the from my base the FPS immediately spiked up and I was able to play again.

There is also another strange thing going on with them that might be causing this, I have found that if they are placed in weird angles so like in a box shape they will switch out from one another then start to lag the game, there's also something, some of them will disconnect halfway in another line if they are too far and that will also lag the game.

I think this one of the more crazier bugs that I hope you guys will find and fix, still super excited for this game and I'm not letting this bug slow me down, great game guys i know it will be amazing have a nice day.

I agree with CompelledSine85. When many tethers are placed the Frame rate drops dramatically almost to the point that it stutters on Xbox One. Im guessing it's the tethers but it could also be as you start mining and reshaping the planet you are on, the more changes made could play heavily on the frame rate 

So far loving the good work so far, anyways found a pretty nasty bug, on this world I'm having a lot of issues with power not transferring properly, Below is the world's save data and a picture that shows a battery directly next to a fuel condenser. 

Some details

• 2 player online
  • Steam
  • Keyboard/mouse
  • Decently well through the game, lots of research and most things built on this save, including two trucks. 

20170107041132_1.jpg

AUTOSAVE_3_2017.01.07-04.11.50.sav

I was playing a week ago and i found this organic block but it looks like a dark green block not the organic block 

-also doesnt disappear when used by generator

Hi! Found some bugs.

Some of them maybe found allready, but I'll write a complete list.

Sorry for my English. Google helps.

1) Resources after production in Fuel Condenser and Smelter disappears, after the cells are filled completely.
Maybe they should fall to the ground?

2) It isn't possible to put Tethers in your inventory, they simply disappear.
Maybe it should be so? They are disposable?

3) Cracking of surface of the planet, after the restart of the game. There are cracks and holes in the surface.
The surface is repaired after the application of the tool.

4) Tether lines are disconnects from the base by moving one of them in the middle of line.(sometimes)

5) Sandstorm blocks fall into the character at the entrance of the caves. They pass through the walls of the cave.

6) Rover does not charge from the base. (sometimes)

7) Some modules are disconnected from the common energy network of the base.

8) Exit from Vehicles, fallen on its side, under facilities of the base.

9) Vehicle falls under the surface of the planet, when the character is not in. (When loading and arriving from other planet.)

10) The Drill Head isn't working correctly. Collects pack not completely, and send it to the warehouse, where it can not be picked up.

11) Partially used energy stacks can not be used further and becomes waste.

Gameplay suggestions I leave somewhere else here...
Thank you for an interesting game.

(steam) (keyboard/mouse) (windows 10)

After I saved and came on the next day most trees,big structures and plants in the caves lost their textures and are just white.

Capture.PNG

I play on PC

whenever i start the game, it freezes at the loading screen for about a minute, then proceeds to the beta note. After i click past the beta note, and select a character, when i hit the deploy button it crashes my game. I just bought the game, and i cant play it at all

Very Laggy!!( fps Drop) 

PC/Steam

start at 3 hour of gameplay, happen when I'm in a cave collecting resource. Now i think it is unplayable    

Hello There Everyone, just wanted to report several of my findings, I have seen all of the following glitches: Multiplayer Makes Host Lag, Items Floating Away From Backpack, Rovers/Trunks Sinking Into The Ground Upon Re-Arrival To Home Planet, Trade Platform Glitch Where You Get An Infinite Amount Of Anything, Rovers/Trucks Floating In Mid Air, Frame Rate Issues, Multiplayer Can't Drive Vehicles, and Multiplayer Items Disappearing/DE spawning. I Wish You Could Look More Into These Bugs, Even Though You Are Already Overwheled With So MAny, Please Take These Into Consideration When Releasing The Next Client Update/Patch, Thank You So Much.

-Densell

1 minute ago, CaptainPrice159 said:

Hello There Everyone, just wanted to report several of my findings, I have seen all of the following glitches: Multiplayer Makes Host Lag, Items Floating Away From Backpack, Rovers/Trunks Sinking Into The Ground Upon Re-Arrival To Home Planet, Trade Platform Glitch Where You Get An Infinite Amount Of Anything, Rovers/Trucks Floating In Mid Air, Frame Rate Issues, Multiplayer Can't Drive Vehicles, and Multiplayer Items Disappearing/DE spawning. I Wish You Could Look More Into These Bugs, Even Though You Are Already Overwheled With So MAny, Please Take These Into Consideration When Releasing The Next Client Update/Patch, Thank You So Much.

-Densell

Also When Going Onto Other Planets, When You Exit The Shuttle To Quickly You Fall Through The Map, and There Is A Wall Glitch That Lets You "Swim" Through Walls And See Ores Underground, Will Post More Info Soon.....

I found a bug to where when you get stuck in a spot like hopping out of your shuttle and having the falling animation (that may also be a bug) you some times glitch through the ground land in a cave and die immediately.

I have multiple bugs i have to report (Steam Version)

Misc

- The "Sichtweite" (omg i can't change Language in this game baaah <.<) adjustment resets after restarting the Game

- The Sound adjustment resets after closing the menu

Singleplayer/Multiplayer

- Stored Power Resources getting not recognized by Buildings and your Inventory after reloading a save. (But you can still move them around)

- Game randomly crashes when u entering a Vehicle or "Habitat"

- Game randomly crashes when u enter, leave or be in a Cave

- Piling up Ground below you lets u clip trought the Floor

- "Versorgungslinien" detaching randomly from the Base, even when they're close enought

- Crafting Buttons from the Inventory disappearing at random

Multiplayer only (when you're not the Host!!)

Note: These bugs won't affect the Host itself!

- Cave Graphics disappearing when u visiting a different Planet. There's also a possibility that the entire Cave will be replaced with ground!

- Buildings skyrocketing into Space when build on a different Planet: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/200807291049340220/8511CD49192A7199F6EDDDCBF3F07BCE536DD5FC/

- When collicting new resources while your Inventory is full, there's a possibility that the new collected resource that falls on the ground is unpickable.

- Unable to collect resources at all in some situations.

- Some resource graphics won't unload when collected

- Some overworld Ground Graphics randomly making a little rift in between

- It is possible that your Character's sitting posure is under a vehicle instead in the Seat which can cause clipping trought the floor

Please be aware that all of them appeared in version 0.2.115.0 and i have to check which of them still occur on the newest Version. (I don't have the Time to check right now but i will update it if necessary)

I was playing single player on xbox and I made a generator. As I was trying to attach it to my smelter I accidently dropped it and it fell through the map never to be seen again.

Artificially made landscapes around my base are invisible when you first start game, and don't appear until you hop out of the vehicle/ habitat you started game in. the two pictures below are before I step out of my vehicle on the moon, and after. Doesn't hurt much since it appears once I get out, but it's still strange.

2017-01-12.png

2017-01-12 (1).png

On 12/10/2016 at 11:18 PM, SES_Adam said:

2732023-289650_screenshots_2014-11-11_00006.jpg

I was an Art Lead for Assassin's Creed Unity so its totally okay I use it as an example here, right?

Hello!

If you're playing our game in Early Access or Game Preview then its almost a certainty you'll come across a bug. If you have experienced a bug, we'd love to hear about it! This sub-forum is a great place to share that.

To share a bug:

1. Start a new thread in the Bugs sub-forum. Make sure the title is straight to the point. E.g., "Organic resource won't connect to the Generator"
  2. Give us as much information about the bug as possible:
    1. Mouse/keyboard? Controller?
    2. Steam? Xbox?
    3. What were you doing leading up to this bug?
    4. Any steps that we can take to reproduce the bug on our end is appreciated.
  3. Include any media you want. Feel free to attach images, videos, and so on to your post.

Finding bugs and ironing them out is crucial to the game being a success and we really appreciate any time and effort you put in to your bug reporting so thank you in advance.

One thing that wasn't mentioned, and I think it's critical.

Before making a forum post regarding a bug, please use the search function to check if someone else already reported it.

There are so many duplicate posts that it's going to get harder and harder for the mods to keep this tidy.

Hello sorry for my english because i'm french , I play on Xbox One I have more problems with the truck, when i exit it the truck go in the sky or inside the mountain, I see vehicul item but I dont take it and i dead sufocation I lost Composite and resherch and other ....

Other problems more freeze play and back Xbox first page 

Thanks you 

On 11/1/2017 at 4:01 PM, Freeform64 said:

I've been running into this issue a ton lately.

I'll get my truck loaded up and on the move miles out discovering all kinds of goodies then bam my truck goes nuts ultimately leaving me stranded and taking everything I've collected with it.

GameClip-Original (11).mp4

IMG_b51d3fb3-915d-4243-b523-e6aae4e380b9.png

Me too my truck fly and it's inposible to take it very tristed when you search object 2 hours --"

XBOX ONE

Sometimes rovers will fall through the ground and not pop back up I lost an entire train of about 15 rovers and trucks do to this please fix I've also lost shuttles from not landing on planets and going through them

Edited by Draven Kolb
Forgot to specify platform