SES_Adam

Think you found a bug in Astroneer and want to share it? Read this first.

PC Version. Windows 10.

Played this game for about 10 hours at the weekend. Love it. Today when it loaded, a habitat appeared on my main planet, my shuttle has completly gone,  i built the habitat yesterday on the barren planet, one of the last things i did. He's a video i just uploaded showing what happens when i take off, also a tether to another planet seems to be stuck.

Funny tether and habitat that i cant seem to remove.(youtube external)

ASTRONEER 19-Dec-16 16_41_52 Wording.png

I found a bug that will glitch you to void. To trigger that is to make a small cave and start fill the land on top of your head and it will push you outside the map.

"Unknown Plant" Research Item goes missing suddenly when clumped up.

I am playing on steam, using mouse and keyboard. It happened twice to me when I was left-clicking multiples "Unknown Plant" research items in caves from one spot to another. As I was moving 2-3 of them to the same spot, the "Unknown Plant' tend to clump together. As 1 move another one to the clump, it suddenly disappears.  I speculate that the "Unknown Plant' was unable to fit the space and would go "poof".

Love the game. I play on Xbox One using the controller. Firstly, I'd like to point out that the controller interface is very slow compared to that of the PC. This has always been true for most games; however, with most other games I do not feel as though my HUD is coated in molasses as I try to move it around the screen. Secondly, I receive massive amounts of FPS drop as I approach my base (which is reasonable size now 6+ modules) sometimes on foot and always when in the rover. Sometimes it even lags the game so much that it freezes and crashes due to the drop. Thirdly, it seems as though the smooth function on the terrain tool is glitchy at times. It will randomly switch between moving the terrain flat to raising it 10 feet high to lowing it 15 feet deep, especially if I have recently used the other functions of the terrain tool in that particular section (I.e. lowers where I've lowered and raises where I've raised). Even if I begin with the high area and drag across the section I am trying to smooth, the problem persists. Fourthly, the tethers have a tendency to despair at long distances from the base and usually at the first connection to the base when the game is loaded and reloaded or when the base is a significant distance out of view. I'm very interested to see how this game turns out. Keep up the good work; you have my support!

Hello gamertag RobinOLoxley here, 

Just recently had a crash on astroneer. I loaded a game I had recently saved, once the game was loaded it ran fine for about 30 seconds then when I tried to place a tether the frames per second dropped substantially. This basically made the game unplayable. I toughed it out for about a minute then the game returned to normal. I attempted to replace the tether I was moving and once again the frames per second dropped a lot. This once again made the game unplayable about 30 seconds later the game crashed.

As I said in my previous post I will try to keep you guys updated on crashes and bugs that I find. So far everytime I play a game I have recently saved which I have put a fair amount of time in, the game crashes after 45 seconds of play. This is a serious issue on the Xbox and if this is not fixed it will make the game basically unplayable. For someone to put 3 to 4 hours of time into a game and then be unable to continue their work is extremely frustrating.

Thank you guys for your hard work and your time!

-Nick

Fun bug! Like a feature...but not really.

1) Use your tool to bury yourself. Just build dirt up a little around you and bury your astroneer. Don't give yourself room to breathe really shovel it on. Sounds weird but it can be done.

2) You fall through the planet. (I even came back up after...so for me there were no negatives, just pure fun. Could end poorly for you though.)

I play on the xbox one and I experience massive fps drops at first just when I would drive a vehicle near a tether's linked to my main site, and now that I have sites on other planets with tethers as well I experience it constantly.

I've also noticed that when I use the drill head on resources in my vehicle that parts of the resource gets stored in open spaces on the vehicle, but if they aren't complete you are not able to remove them to free the spot, leavening them stuck there.

Also I keep falling through the map if I use the terrain shape tool directly under myself.. ultimately dying :(

Also does it help you at all if I add DxDiag and CPU-Z summaries as well as the latest Astroneer log from C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\Logs?

59 minutes ago, Scottacus said:

I play on the xbox one and I experience massive fps drops at first just when I would drive a vehicle near a tether's linked to my main site, and now that I have sites on other planets with tethers as well I experience it constantly.

I've also noticed that when I use the drill head on resources in my vehicle that parts of the resource gets stored in open spaces on the vehicle, but if they aren't complete you are not able to remove them to free the spot, leavening them stuck there.

Also I keep falling through the map if I use the terrain shape tool directly under myself.. ultimately dying :(

Just discored that too.....

20161221162446_1.jpg

On 2016-12-16 at 11:09 AM, zlabathe said:

Hey everyone, just wanted to report a bug with the tethers on Xbox one where they disconnect from the one they were originally connected to. It happens at random it would seem mainly when they're out of sight and I return back wondering why my oxygen is depeleting to find a disconnect that is fixed by picking up and putting the tether back down. I tried shortening the length and all it would do is skip the problem tether entirely and connect to the next one assuming it's close enough to do so. Also the oxygen tether to the base only seems to work at certain spots relative to my base. For example my tether will hook up to my researcher when I'm on it's left but not when I'm on the right. It does this for my printer, shelter, the extension units and the cables themselves that run between them. Also with the tethers, the one nearest to my base also disconnects at random even though it is a player model's length away from a base extension. I love the game so far but this is obviously a very hindering bug.

1. Controller 

2. Xbox One

3. I cannot drive a vehicle at all. Fps drops so bad that you drive forward for 1 second and the fps drops, then I let go of gas to hopefully stop fps drop. 5 minutes later, fps  drop stops and vehicle stops then eventually I can get out of vehicle. I was playing solo at this point. Going to start a new save or travel to new planet to see if it was just that world. 

I played on my friends word to start and that wasn't the case. Only when we were all in the vehicle.  I have read problems about the crane so that might have been the issue but not sure. All 3 of us in the vehicle and eventually all of us would lag out and have to reload. 

3. This isn't a bug but it would be so much easier. I love the game but the only identification of saved games seems to be time. Could we add naming of saved files please? 

I quickly threw together a very simple console application that grabs your latest Astroneer log and save game as well as a DxDiag summary and creates a zip archive from those sources ready to attach them to any bug report you create. Can be downloaded here.

Just wanted to say I love this game love everything about it but their are a few bugs I see. For example every time me or someone else joins a game the game lags to the max no one can move normal. Another one I see everytime I jump in a vehicle and start moving the games lags to the max till the vehicle comes to a complete stop. That's about it that all I see 

Info: On Xbox One;

Bugs:

1)tethers move or disappear and become seperated from main base each time I load into game.

2)major lag in and around vehicles if a tether is near, or close by. Or just close to a main base. So much to point where I can't do anything for 5 minutes but wait for the crash.

3)sometimes when I load up my game, my items in my pack seem to be floating outside with an invisivle barrier inbetween.

4)inventory menu is outside screen depending on the angle you'r in. Sometimes its blocking what you are investigation.. Movement in general when moving objects seems sluggish..( there should be a take all option when picking up a dead pack where you last died).

5) annoying wind gusts keep flipping over my spacecraft when its tethered to the vehicle bay. I need to use other Vehicles to ram it or try and get under it.. It becomes an engineering nightmare lol its actually funny, cuz its realistic obstacles.. Just annoying.. Storms are too frequent imo.

6) if i pick up a tether and press X, typically I'll pick up item, or it'll go back into my pack.. But instead it disappears. I physically need to drag and drop each tether.. Could be tweaked so that just by pressing X does same thing.

7) placing matter around you send you to oblivion, and wherever you land/die, say goodbye to your pack :/ there should be something to counteract losing all your swag, but i really like the simulator feeling. I feel like Matt Damon lol

Really the laggy vehicle issue is pivitol. U need vehicles to get around. If the build cannot support one vehicle on map... Then, i dunno.. 

Hey..

I jumped into my pod just as I died, lost all my stuff but left these just outside the hatch.

new stuff.png

Interesting bug

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161208-2252)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
             System Model: System Product Name
                     BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/02/11 14:36:59 Ver: 08.00.15
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
                   Memory: 20480MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 20472MB RAM
                Page File: 5279MB used, 18263MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

Playing Multi Player. Started lagging a little. Got caught in windstorm. Truck with 2 seats, 8 slot storage unit, and it was connected to a rover with a storage unit, 2 batteries, a solar panel, and a wind turbine. Become more and more uncontrollable and then launched into space.

Vehicles Disappear:

I play on Xbox and use the Controller. 

I've created multiple Vehicle stations to accommodate different vehicles i.e. 1 for rover/Truck, 1 for shuttle, 1 for space ship.  1st time i went off world (with Shuttle) and came back my truck had disappeared rover remained.  The next time my rover/truck/shuttle all disappeared(off world with Space ship); however on my way down i saw my rover "get pushed" down into the ground. exited game came back into game and was able to dig up the rover.  the 3rd time i left off world(space ship) i parked my rover & truck away(half a oxygen tank) and connected them together.  Came back and they were exactly where i left them. no problems with any of the vehicles

On December 10, 2016 at 3:18 PM, SES_Adam said:

2732023-289650_screenshots_2014-11-11_00006.jpg

I was an Art Lead for Assassin's Creed Unity so its totally okay I use it as an example here, right?

Hello!

If you're playing our game in Early Access or Game Preview then its almost a certainty you'll come across a bug. If you have experienced a bug, we'd love to hear about it! This sub-forum is a great place to share that.

To share a bug:

1. Start a new thread in the Bugs sub-forum. Make sure the title is straight to the point. E.g., "Organic resource won't connect to the Generator"
  2. Give us as much information about the bug as possible:
    1. Mouse/keyboard? Controller?
    2. Steam? Xbox?
    3. What were you doing leading up to this bug?
    4. Any steps that we can take to reproduce the bug on our end is appreciated.
  3. Include any media you want. Feel free to attach images, videos, and so on to your post.

Finding bugs and ironing them out is crucial to the game being a success and we really appreciate any time and effort you put in to your bug reporting so thank you in advance.

when you lev

I was an Art Lead for Assassin's Creed Unity so its totally okay I use it as an example here, right?

Hello!

If you're playing our game in Early Access or Game Preview then its almost a certainty you'll come across a bug. If you have experienced a bug, we'd love to hear about it! This sub-forum is a great place to share that.

To share a bug:

1. Start a new thread in the Bugs sub-forum. Make sure the title is straight to the point. E.g., "Organic resource won't connect to the Generator"
    2. Steam? Xbox?
  3. Include any media you want. Feel free to attach images, videos, and so on to your post.

Finding bugs and ironing them out is crucial to the game being a success and we really appreciate any time and effort you put in to your bug reporting so thank you in advance.

When you leave the game or the planet your rover or shuttle will teleport some where like under grou

Hello!

To share a bug:

2. Steam? Xbox?

when you leave the game or the planet something will teleport somewhere else like under ground or far away I'm still looking for my shuttle. Say if I'm getting of the game I leave then come back on something is missing sometimes my rover now my shuttle

6 hours ago, Xyklin said:

Vehicles Disappear:

I play on Xbox and use the Controller. 

I've created multiple Vehicle stations to accommodate different vehicles i.e. 1 for rover/Truck, 1 for shuttle, 1 for space ship.  1st time i went off world (with Shuttle) and came back my truck had disappeared rover remained.  The next time my rover/truck/shuttle all disappeared(off world with Space ship); however on my way down i saw my rover "get pushed" down into the ground. exited game came back into game and was able to dig up the rover.  the 3rd time i left off world(space ship) i parked my rover & truck away(half a oxygen tank) and connected them together.  Came back and they were exactly where i left them. no problems with any of the vehicles

What's the temp fix though? Place an o2 tank on the truck ?

On 21/12/2016 at 4:24 PM, dreamer said:

help me pls i cants play with this bug:

Rofl, but you need to admit though... The game looks great!