SES_Adam

Think you found a bug in Astroneer and want to share it? Read this first.

I have found a mistake with any platform. Sometimes the platform "crashed" and can't transfer electricity.
And also, sometimes the platform which isn't connected to electricity can work.

p.s this is PC, last game version

There is a bug where you can sit in the 1-Seat and click it the same time, then you can fly, you just have to time it correctly. I played muliplayer with my friend, and when he used the bug it lagged allot, I tried the seat trick thing and i went to space and orbit, it was cool, but then the game got boring and i just quit the game. (I bacicly gave upp)

PC, 6.0 Newest version

Edited by Nuxze

After 10 hrs of gameplay on steam (win 10) I came across some bugs.

First: when I leave the game, it is still running, so I have to exit steam and open it again in order to close astroneer and play other games/start astroneer again.

Second: in game, when I change the sound it doesn't remember the changes I've made (for example: I put everything on 80% and the next time I run the game all audio settings are set to 0%)

Third: When I started building 3 seats for spaceship there was a bug in which I couldn't use E anymore to use terrain tool (I can still enter vehicles or interact with things), so I have to manually go to backpack (Q) and select it there.

I am using mouse/keyboard and running on steam.

i have a bug. my english is not good. I play astroneer on my Xbox one.

I was making a powerstorage and then i've got (when it was night) infinite power. it was after the base making update. my platform setup was like this: 

I've got 2 lange platforms with on each 4 lange battery's. that 2 as conneced. above that platforms i've 2 small platforms whit in the middle one large solarpannal. and 2 small battery's on the side. that platforms are connected whit eachadder. 

the 2 large platforms are next to eachother and the small ones are above the vertical. the side power things from the large ones are connected. the middle ones are connected to one of the small platforms each side (left and right) are in the middle of a large platform. the Middle one former the small is connected to the other middle one from the small one. on that power storage I've got 2 recharge platforms and one smelter. working. when it's night and we things are working the power is not going down. I hope I've explained it clearly but it's hard to expand without a photo. 

Found another bug which causes the Host to lag extremely bad I've found out that this is caused by the Client using the terrain tool to dig soil or minerals when both players are far away from the main habitat, as soon as the other player stops digging or mining the lag stops. I've managed to recreate this bug on several occasions.

I think I may have found a bug in my game, not had any big issues until this recent update (Base Building change). 

I play on PC, Mouse and Keyboard via Steam.

Yesterday, my friend joined my game and had some weird bug where it wasn't showing her what she needed to craft a work light, she was also having trouble with her backpack (She even tried relaunching the game but still the same).

A little bit later on, while mining in an underground cave (she was on the surface mining resin...etc) I noticed my game became quite laggy for about 10 - 20 seconds after which it stopped and so I thought nothing of it. Then I realized I was having trouble picking things up (I was trying to bring a winch back from the caves to my base). I got the winch half way back up the caves and then it just wouldn't pick up the winch any more, I could still use the terraforming tool to mine...etc, now my backpack wouldn't let me interact with anything in it, nor could I interact with the research catalogue (I could still open both but when trying to click on anything it would just close itself). Again, after a few minutes I was able to pick the winch up and interact with everything like normal.

I decided to play a little today and after about 10 minutes of playing the game without issue, the same thing happened, (No lag), I was mining in the underground cave and suddenly I could no longer pick up the research balls, interact with my backpack/ research catalogue (but could open them like last time with them closing when I try to click/ interact with something). However, I could still pick up tethers that I already placed and put them back on the ground. I could still get into the Habitat.

Ended up having to close the game because even after 10 minutes, I still couldn't interact with stuff and couldn't pick up the research...etc. It wouldn't even let me unlink platform power cables in my base.

Sorry this was a long post, thought I should give as much detail as I could remember! 

Edited by PLYeung
Specified it was the base building update

On 3/5/2018 at 1:22 PM, Machine Nich said:

When I land the auxiliary ship, it lies down.

Mouse/Keyboard on Steam.

361420_screenshots_20171231014119_1.thumb.jpg.6c73ff84c28a9ba6000b2bd7cb579303.jpg

Same here with the large ship, also on PC with Steam and keyboard.  Sometimes the craft is on its side and completely beneath the surface.

I found that I could relaunch and land in a different area and then repeat and land, right way up, at my base.

I did once get a glimpse of the base landing bubble (they are sometimes hard to see with clouds and the fast planet rotation), but what I saw was three bubbles very close to each other to the point of overlapping, and the blue ring around the selected bubble appeared to be vertical rather than horizontal, which would account for landing sideways.  I can't be 100% sure of the landing bubble issue because it happened so fast, but since then I have made doubly sure that the blue circle is horizontal and have achieved successful landings.

Edited by Maaaatie

15 minutes ago, Maaaatie said:

Same here with the large ship, also on PC with Steam and keyboard.  Sometimes the craft is on its side and completely beneath the surface.

I found that I could relaunch and land in a different area and then repeat and land, right way up, at my base.

I did once get a glimpse of the base landing bubble (they are sometimes hard to see with clouds and the fast planet rotation), but what I saw was three bubbles very close to each other to the point of overlapping, and the blue ring around the selected bubble appeared to be vertical rather than horizontal, which would account for landing sideways.  I can't be 100% sure of the landing bubble issue because it happened so fast, but since then I have made doubly sure that the blue circle is horizontal and have achieved successful landings.

I wish it were possible to destroy or recycle some construction or vehicle to avoid complex situations like this hahaha

Edited by Machine Nich

Recent while playing i noticed that i suddenly couldn't pick up or make anything in Astroneer. When i first joined in everything was fine, but after a little i couldn't do anything. This is just to let people know that this is happening and that it should be fixed in the future if that's possible. i don't know what has caused this bug but it might have been from the new update.

Can't join a friend

(Steam)I click "join game" and it makes me load to the game and sends me back to the main menu to my world and when i try to do it again, it does nothing. I tried to restart the game and it does the same thing.

Edited by Lemons16

I have experienced some bugs while playing Astroneer after update.

1. ) When I closed the game, it is still running in the background.
Resetting steam is the only way to open the game again ( or play other steam games ).

2.) I fell on a (bugged) hole, and I was falling for about a minute until I was on the other side of the planet and promptly killing my character.

ASTRONEER BuG.mp4

Whenever I come out to the archive point and come out, I will get stuck inside.
 soon as possible, which seriously affects my gaming experience.

20180316002500_1.thumb.jpg.7353ae1945791467bd0ab2bd11488da7.jpg20180316002608_1.thumb.jpg.ae9187b682255bdad467f89e5353ccc0.jpg20180316002502_1.thumb.jpg.b4a33909f2250e719808f0e171a1917a.jpg20180316002556_1.thumb.jpg.9a8eb6f15604f82b2ab257fba07c2445.jpg

20180316002540_1.jpg

I am having an issue where I can't find anything from the new update (6.5.0)  any crafting places ie fabricator, printer, or vehicle bay. I am however able to unlock them just fine, and I can't find the large platform c or d in my research computer

I have had a repetitive issue with the last few updates.  I have been playing this game for quite some time and with the last 2 updates, I have lost up to a couple weeks worth of work and play and I am saving constantly.  When this last happened I made sure to save and return to the main menu to see if the save file was the current date and time and it was.  However, I opened it up again tonight the save file shows a date and time from a week ago and I have most of the items on my base missing .  I play this on the XBox One and this is becoming a HUGE frustration.

Kind time of the day, dear developers. I'm from Russia and it's sad, because I have to write a message to you in an interpreter and you can misunderstand me, but I'll try. I create a large platform and take it in my hands and leave the base, as soon as oxygen ends, I put the platform and oxygen replenishes. And so with the platform, I can travel endlessly.

Edited by Komandor_Fox

2 hours ago, Komandor_Fox said:

Kind time of the day, dear developers. I'm from Russia and it's sad, because I have to write a message to you in an interpreter and you can misunderstand me, but I'll try. I create a large platform and take it in my hands and leave the base, as soon as oxygen ends, I put the platform and oxygen replenishes. And so with the platform, I can travel endlessly.

That's not a bug.
That's intended for now.

So I both love and hate this Basebuilding update. I came across several bugs I need to report. I'm running Steam Windows version, and heres what happens.

Aside from the extremely annoying large rover nerfs, the crane now releases me under the vehicle  (large rover)when I leave the seat with the crane facing to the righthand side of the rover so the seat is over the middle. Attempting to get into the driver's seat will bury the first two cars in the ground. 

When I try to get into the seat of any vehicle, but especially the open three seat, instead of actually triggering the little timer to get in, it just toggles my terrain tool. This happens about 75% of the time to me, and it is literally ruining the game in conjunction with the rest of the bugs. It is my opinion the key to toggle the terrain tool and to use things, needs to be separate, or at least separate-able. 

Final annoying thing, not entirely sure if it is a glitch, but on arid, a whole wall of spiky balls accumulates at the edge of the physics range if I stand still, and if I move, they come in a huge line too big to jump or go around and just plain murder me. I may or may not have rage quit a few times over this, because it combines so well with number four:

When I leave my game on a non terran planet, and then come back to said planet after being offline x number of hours and die on that planet without a chance to get inside the shuttle, it spawns me at my main base, only with no shuttle to get back and retrieve it.

In addition, on Arid, things near me randomly turn into stacks of organic that are mistextured and look like astronium, not organic. I kinda enjoy it because hey free power, and they do work on generators, but it's not exactly a feature. I had some spiky balls become this odd organic, and a field of unharvestable plants do the same thing as I was digging them up.

I am glad many of the old bugs are fixed. Having no 360 degree random camera spin is handy. But so many bugs were added it feels as if it were a bad update. Please help me. I want to like this game, and I would, but the rover nerf and bugs are rapidly killing my love of it.

Edited by Mycroft

got stung by a spike plant that i had planted by base and it didn't kill me but it hurt i went to pick things up a min or two after and noticed i could not pick anything up when i hit "Q" the back pack pops up but when i try to mouse over a item or anything on bag the little mouse circle dot stays same and when i left click on item it pulls up the bp machine in backpack and cant select any items in bag or  pick things up on ground. death would not reset it. friend could still pick things up off ground and off my dead body which i could not even after respawning several times. build version 0.6.7.0

also had glitch the day before when picking up the two seeds one got stuck floating infront of my character till death reset it that was 0.6.6.0 on the 29th of march... i'm playing on windows 10 pro with 16gb ram 4790k gtx1080Ti  @4k  on steam version 0.6.7.0   

Edited by Kyle M

Research overlay is broken

Hello and excuse my bad english.

I'm playing on steam an noticed something when i stared a new game. As soon as I got my first research points I wanted to research the smelter, but the objekt wasn't shown in the overlay. Normaly you see a picture of the objekt(smelter,platforms,etc.) but I've seen just the name and how many research points it kosts. Maby it's just my Pc which can't use the graphics(an old Laptop) but it would be nice if you could fix it if it is a bug.:D

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

I am playing on a Windows computer and on Steam Early Access (Alpha) 0.6.8.0  I am not sure if anyone else has this bug, I have been searching to find if anyone has it and knows how to fix it.  The catalog will not load pictures at all.  I can search and buy using only the descriptions. 

Astroneer catalog bug.bmp

Running Xbox one S system and my mate running Xboxone X system.        Bugs I like to report other than the massive FPS lags,    Annoying saving when getting in vehicles even in multiplayer co-op you friend jumps into the vehicle it save as the most in appropriate time, would be great with an auto time save feature instead.

Another big random items inc vehicles stuck high up in the air even gravity won’t bring them down caused me to delete start again.    

Sound gliches when you bump into machines sound like there rocking all the time when nothing is moving on flat ground.

Vehicles get stuck on a lot of random stuff.     Unable to make flat straight surfaces like roads it’s either at an angle or incline.   

Vehicles keep sliding down ramps into walls etc.  

Hangs now and again to a black screen forcing game to shut down.

Takes forever to load in and to load a game up.

feels kinda bornibg looking at your bugs notes page everyone you load in.

Hi I would like to report a bug.

I have just brought the game on xbox, I am enjoying the game but I have experienced a bug. when i die and respawn for the first time and land on the platform and walk around it makes a weird noise around the habitat like a space shop noise and it lasted stayed for ever.

Can you please help me    

there is so much bug it really weird. the first one is i can't see the items in the reserch computer. bug 2 is i can't activate or desactivate the organic generator (i can only activate it or desactivate it when i put it on the top whit x and z) and i can't finish the tutorial because i can't go in the seat. I also flip the rocket whit the small generator XD.