SES_Adam

Think you found a bug in Astroneer and want to share it? Read this first.

2732023-289650_screenshots_2014-11-11_00006.jpg

I was an Art Lead for Assassin's Creed Unity so its totally okay I use it as an example here, right?

Hello!

If you're playing our game in Early Access or Game Preview then its almost a certainty you'll come across a bug. If you have experienced a bug, we'd love to hear about it! This sub-forum is a great place to share that.

To share a bug:

1. Start a new thread in the Bugs sub-forum. Make sure the title is straight to the point. E.g., "Organic resource won't connect to the Generator"
  2. Give us as much information about the bug as possible:
    1. Mouse/keyboard? Controller?
    2. Steam? Xbox?
    3. What were you doing leading up to this bug?
    4. Any steps that we can take to reproduce the bug on our end is appreciated.
  3. Include any media you want. Feel free to attach images, videos, and so on to your post.

Finding bugs and ironing them out is crucial to the game being a success and we really appreciate any time and effort you put in to your bug reporting so thank you in advance.

I have found a bug, but first pls excuse my broken english :-)

everytime when i have to go to the oxygen ''zipline'' the fps drops so bad that i cant even move my charakter + when my oxygen is full there will be a earcracking sound which aproaches when i want to fill up my ocygen tank on this oxygen ziplines.

But i just fell in love with this game and im so exited to see how it will grow up :_)

Just now, billy2k5 said:

I have found a bug, but first pls excuse my broken english :-)

everytime when i have to go to the oxygen ''zipline'' the fps drops so bad that i cant even move my charakter + when my oxygen is full there will be a earcracking sound which aproaches when i want to fill up my ocygen tank on this oxygen ziplines.

But i just fell in love with this game and im so exited to see how it will grow up :_)

i forgott to say that i play it on xbox one

1 hour ago, billy2k5 said:

i forgott to say that i play it on xbox one

This is not how you post a bug report. Read the above. 

Edited by Secret Squirrel

1 minute ago, Sempai_77 said:

inventory items hanging in the air. =))
PC Win 10x64

Reveal hidden contents

6b6385a5ccc9a060719591e58b4e8a4d.jpg

This is not how you post a bug report. Read the above. 

Edited by Secret Squirrel

8 hours ago, MatterMatters said:

Do we need to make an individual post for each bug, or can we do an organized bug dump on one post?

I recommend to make a thread/post for each unless they are closely related to each other and can summed up in one title.

Hey everyone, just wanted to report a bug with the tethers on Xbox one where they disconnect from the one they were originally connected to. It happens at random it would seem mainly when they're out of sight and I return back wondering why my oxygen is depeleting to find a disconnect that is fixed by picking up and putting the tether back down. I tried shortening the length and all it would do is skip the problem tether entirely and connect to the next one assuming it's close enough to do so. Also the oxygen tether to the base only seems to work at certain spots relative to my base. For example my tether will hook up to my researcher when I'm on it's left but not when I'm on the right. It does this for my printer, shelter, the extension units and the cables themselves that run between them. Also with the tethers, the one nearest to my base also disconnects at random even though it is a player model's length away from a base extension. I love the game so far but this is obviously a very hindering bug.

Edited by zlabathe

And my game just had a huge FPS drop after trying to adjust that tether closest to my base and when I hit the pause button due to the inability to actually set it down my game crashed.

And one more it would seem. After loading back in my back pack and as you can see has the inventory items hovering off of the pack which seems to be fixed by replacing them back into the inventory.

IMG_3015.JPG

SES - 

I know your team is small, but any thoughts on adding a project tracking system for bug reports/feature requests such as Mantis or Redmine, as opposed to using the open forum?

Xbox One Version:

I'm having a similar frame rate issue which seems to be related to the bug where you attach tethers to your base and log off and after logging back on they are detached(not showing blue connection line), when players picks up the tether that is unconnected there is a massive fps hit( down to about 1 frame a second). I tried to put them back in my bag, but game crashed to xbox one dashboard. Also massive frame rate drops when driving rover/truck pasted connected tethers.

[STEAM] : It will not let me see the trading ship after it has landed in multiplayer so I can not pick up anything off of the ship once it has landed making it very frustrating for me and my friend to grab items off of the ship, He can see it, But I can't, I have already attempted leaving and rejoining.

Resolved my FPS dips and stutter by unchecking "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device". Seems to have worked for at least one other user. Now I can play WITH sounds & good FPS!

d296ef88e1.png

there is a bug were if you try to form terrain under your character it will send you under the world while everything is transparent and you float around all you can see is you base and minerals please fix as it is annoying.

p.s. thanks so much system era i love the game and plan to convince others as well

Things I have found so far are:
Planet surface not connecting. Not big enough cracks for the player to fall through, that I have seen. but still there. 
The crane is a wreck. I honestly think one of the best ways to fix this guy is to add a button while in it to activate and deactivate. So you can just ride in it without having to worry about where your mouse is. Or kill the ability of collision between the drill head and its parent vehicle.
Also In co-op.. When sending a rocket out with trade supplied... as the co op partner, I do not see the rocket come back. 
Also when joining a co op game while the hosts pod is still in descent... the hosts pod will freeze where it is at for the co op partner in mid air... A very strange bug that should be easy to reproduce.. 

I have a video of all errors that i captured through my twitch if you would like to see. 

BIG!!! bug on Xbox one with tethers:

I have found there is a BIG!! bug with tethers, as the more you place down on a planet your FPS starts to drop, for example I had a tether line of about 60 or more from my bass to a cave, once I added the last one to my base my FPS dropped, once I disconnected it the from my base the FPS immediately spiked up and I was able to play again.

There is also another strange thing going on with them that might be causing this, I have found that if they are placed in weird angles so like in a box shape they will switch out from one another then start to lag the game, there's also something, some of them will disconnect halfway in another line if they are too far and that will also lag the game.

I think this one of the more crazier bugs that I hope you guys will find and fix, still super excited for this game and I'm not letting this bug slow me down, great game guys i know it will be amazing have a nice day.

Truck flinging into space glitch (Steam)(mouse/keyboard)

When you place a 2 printed storage modules and 2 printed solar panels in any combination on the trucks storage upgrade and drive it the wheel will go above the storage module and glitch out and fling the truck into space and stay there

I have reproduced this bug twice. Tried different combination of solar panels and storage modules but still flung into the air.

truckfling5.jpg

truckfling1.jpg

truckfling2.jpg

truckfling3.jpg

truckfling4.jpg

Two things that I think you missed:

1. If someone else has the same bug, post in that thread, don't create a new one for the same bug.
  2. Don't post bugs in this thread :)

9 minutes ago, AnthonyB said:

Two things that I think you missed:

1. If someone else has the same bug, post in that thread, don't create a new one for the same bug.
  2. Don't post bugs in this thread :)

Its be better to post multiple stuff about the same bug, so they can get different perspectives and help narrow it down more, just saying 

1 hour ago, CompelledSine85 said:

Its be better to post multiple stuff about the same bug, so they can get different perspectives and help narrow it down more, just saying 

Right, so put that in your reply to the initial bug post, you don't need to create another thread. Otherwise you'll get 20 posts all on the same thing, which is much harder to read.

2 minutes ago, AnthonyB said:

Right, so put that in your reply to the initial bug post, you don't need to create another thread. Otherwise you'll get 20 posts all on the same thing, which is much harder to read.

Idk what you mean about making onther one, i haven't seen anyone post about the tether system.

In multiplayer, the host suffers major lag and the connecting parties are fine. Tested this by using different people hosting even on a 3770k with 32GB RAM on a SSD

3 minutes ago, fridgebrain said:

In multiplayer, the host suffers major lag and the connecting parties are fine. Tested this by using different people hosting even on a 3770k with 32GB RAM on a SSD

I was in single player offline, so i see its on multuplayer also good for you :D