oGREASERo

New Planet!

I would like to see a new planet like Saturn! The thought of asteroids floating around a gas giant would be awesome! Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun and the second-largest in the Solar System, after Jupiter. It is a gas giant with an average radius about nine times that of Earth. 

IMG_0651.JPG

That's an idea having a super giant planet that takes a lot work to get to and explore. All the planets in game are all close in size. This would give a new goal and a little more excitement. 

Edited by HellHasNoFear

44 minutes ago, HellHasNoFear said:

That's an idea having a super giant planet that takes a lot work to get to and explore. All the planets in game are all close in size. This would give a new goal and a little more excitement. 

I'm looking for more difficulty when traveling in the game! Realism is key to me! If you wanna play on Xbox some time add me!       GAMERTAG:  o GREASER o 

i wonder if you would have to build some type of reinforced structure to mot be crushed underneath the weight of the atmosphere 

1 hour ago, dutch said:

i wonder if you would have to build some type of reinforced structure to mot be crushed underneath the weight of the atmosphere 

Now I didn't think about that! Now that you've brought the topic up isn't gravity on Saturn really high! You would have to have reinforcements on everything even your space suit! I think this is going somewhere! 

1 minute ago, oGREASERo said:

Now I didn't think about that! Now that you've brought the topic up isn't gravity on Saturn really high! You would have to have reinforcements on everything even your space suit! I think this is going somewhere! 

some kind of Exo suit should do the trick

7 minutes ago, dutch said:

some kind of Exo suit should do the trick

Ok so i just did some research on Saturn the gravity is a little stronger but not much! Example if you weigh 100pounds on earth you would weight 107pounds on Saturn! 

Although Saturn is much larger than Earth, its surface gravity is only a little more than the surface gravity on Earth. This is because Saturn is made up of gases and is not solid like Earth. This makes Saturn very light for its size.

22 hours ago, dutch said:

interesting what about atmospheric pressure.

The distance to Saturn from the sun keeps these gases, and the temperature of the planet, cold. Traces of water are present in the atmosphere, but predominantly as ice. The surface of Saturn is defined by the region where the pressure of the planet reaches one bar, equivalent to the pressure at sea level on Earth. 

22 hours ago, Jotil said:

A massive planet needs to be added for exploration purposes

Yes a massive planet with much to do. I'm just hoping that the developers are seeing this. They can eaither make a planet like Saturn or have plenty of ideals from our discussions to help them develop along the way! 

6 hours ago, oGREASERo said:

Yes a massive planet with much to do. I'm just hoping that the developers are seeing this. They can eaither make a planet like Saturn or have plenty of ideals from our discussions to help them develop along the way! 

what would you get on resources , land on , collect from a gas planet ?

Actualy landing on a gas giant would be quite the challenge. It would need to have a solid core to land on. It is speculated that Jupiter and Saturn have a molten rocky core.
Let's argue that the pressure wouldn't crush your capsule or suit, and the heat wouldn't cook you or melt your base. Then you would be in a perpetual storm.

Because of their high mass it's more common for gas giants to have multiple moons. That could be interesting too.

Perhaps we could meet some Slylandro.

On 12/31/2016 at 4:32 AM, oGREASERo said:

I would like to see a new planet like Saturn! The thought of asteroids floating around a gas giant would be awesome! Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun and the second-largest in the Solar System, after Jupiter. It is a gas giant with an average radius about nine times that of Earth. 

IMG_0651.JPG

I am going to go against the flow and suggest the core of the game is developed, long before new places to explore. There's all the time in the world to add content, but it's the core gameplay, garbage collection, fps, blueprints/tools/machinery, optimization, etc first.

This happens with many games in Early Access, early adopters play everything possible, then ask for new content. Hopefully the developer doesn't oblige, unless they can afford to hire and extra dude to make planets I guess. Don't distract them to do other things! Lol.

6 hours ago, ent|ty said:

I am going to go against the flow and suggest the core of the game is developed, long before new places to explore. There's all the time in the world to add content, but it's the core gameplay, garbage collection, fps, blueprints/tools/machinery, optimization, etc first.

This happens with many games in Early Access, early adopters play everything possible, then ask for new content. Hopefully the developer doesn't oblige, unless they can afford to hire and extra dude to make planets I guess. Don't distract them to do other things! Lol.

oh for sure.
the devs had said themselves they would like to fix everything that limits the player from being able to play the core experience.

but the doesn't mean we can't suggest or speculate about ambitious things and maybe post like these could inspire the devs to do things we haven't even thought of.

Edited by dutch
spelling mistake

8 hours ago, ent|ty said:

New planets are the tasks for designers, not for programmers. Programmers should add new planet with satellites like existing already and prohibit to land on it (and orbit it with empty tank ;) ). All visual work is for those, who not hunting bugs.

8 hours ago, ivo215 said:

Actualy landing on a gas giant would be quite the challenge. It would need to have a solid core to land on. It is speculated that Jupiter and Saturn have a molten rocky core.
Let's argue that the pressure wouldn't crush your capsule or suit, and the heat wouldn't cook you or melt your base. Then you would be in a perpetual storm.

Because of their high mass it's more common for gas giants to have multiple moons. That could be interesting too.

Perhaps we could meet some Slylandro.

You know you cannot land world without surface ;)

Oh those endless probes...