Sign in to follow this  
ajr_lachapelle

Minimum Framerate severely under expectations on XBOX

The expected 60 fps only happens at the start of the game on console (XBOX One). As soon as you build "too much" ( all 6 buildings around habitat) and start having vehicles, the fps drop severely to the point of playing a near-stop-motion effect. I am at my 4th savegame that I have to abandon due to constant fps drop as soon as the base is getting somewhere. Going to another planet DOES NOT workaround the issue, and no amount of reloading, refreshing connection or rebooting will workaround either.  And all this in SINGLE player mode, I have not risked playing MP so far.  

Since we're paying to TEST this, I expect a more efficient and responsive debugging/patching effort to motivate the proper feedback you ask of your clients... no point in testing further when issues are not addressed, at least not until such issues are resolved to permit resuming test sequences.

The fps gets unbearably too low too fast on XBOX ONE, can't test further until issue addressed properly.

I'm the same :(  Really enjoyed playing multiplayer with my sons but as you say, as soon as you get the station up the framerate dips so low it makes it virtually unplayable.  I wrote on this forum days ago but had no response.

I am the same, also on xbox one. However, don't get mad at the devs yet. The game is in pre-alpha and came out 2 1/2 weeks ago. Framerate, is not always easy to fix in a day so give them some time.

I think what makes the game work so poorly are the… idk how are they called in English. You know, those "light sticks" you place around the map to have light and oxygen. The more you put, the slower the game works.

2 hours ago, nmlss777 said:

I think what makes the game work so poorly are the… idk how are they called in English. You know, those "light sticks" you place around the map to have light and oxygen. The more you put, the slower the game works.

Those are called 'tethers' and devs said a few times they're aware if you place to many it will tank fps

what I do is after I got a rover or truck built just go around the surface or in caves or both and collect your tethers, your cars automatically act as a giant tether reguardless

Yeah, I just realized that a few hours ago. I made a rover with two tiny solar panels on each side and a big battery, so I could travel anywhere freely. The batteries recharged with sunlight and once it was too dark or was in a cave, it still had some autonomy. I ended up deleting all the tethers I put across the map tho.