CataLys7

Mini backpack overlay

Getting items into the backpack can be frustrating at times because of camera angle restrictions, or character immobility.  Perhaps it would expedite the entire process if you put a mini backpack overlay in the bottom corner of the screen to drag/drop items in.  Or just added some sort of store in pack hotkey?

Shift + Click does the trick :). Works also for applying required ressouces to plattforms like the printer or resin to build the plattforms.

No shortcut for Xbox one we need one so when you die you can just add all.items back to back pack or a easier way to transfer items to back pack without having to drag each one 

I agree. Putting items in the backpack can be frustrating and is hard to do cause of the camera rotation, if there are other storage units on screen and where the character is, but I think system era have made this game to the best of their abilities and would soon be able to fix this bug if they worked towards it.

The computer has a button and the Xbox doesn't.

i can understand it's difficult to find an extra button or sequence of buttons but it would be amazing if we could have that button. By the way I haven't died once yet so my only complaint is what I have just wrote

example:

in a storm I have to grab all of my materials I have left on the ground, without the quick pickup button the storm has arrived after I have picked up two items, causing me to die and in that time lose all of my items due to the storm blowing them away.

If any people who work for system era read this then, we hope you can fix this and can try to fix the floating items bug

Thank you

(the floating item bug is when you load the game and all of your items from your backpack and storage system are floating)

Temp storage solution: dig holes around your base then put your harvested, research, traded and smelter/refined items in the holes. They won't blow away in a storm that way. 

I wish there was a shortcut to click on the ground/storage/station, and completely empty your pack--except the top two "wing" slots.