Here is a list of suggestions that me and my friends have created after 3 days of gameplay:

• Space stations that are expandable and customizable (these would ideally show up as landing zones when orbiting a planet and could serve as bases)
  • Mobs or creatures (both neutral and hostile) that are planet specific
  • Craftable and upgradeable weapons that operate on suit power - these could include a pistol, rifle, rocket launcher, etc.
  • Expandable inventory space via upgradeable backpacks
  • Upgradeable mining tool that harvests resources in greater amounts
  • More vehicle options like airplanes and smaller personal vehicles
  • Jet pack or similar personal flying gadget
  • Dynamic weather effects (i.e. "Arid" requires heat protective suit and buildings and "Radiation" requires radiation protection)
  • Gas masks that reduce damage from gas plants
  • Health bar to display remaining health (with health upgrades to expand it)
  • Energy upgrades to increase personal energy
  • More planets with varying environments (i.e. lava planet, oceanic planet, heavily-forested planet)
  • NPCs - these would be rare and appear in villages or small towns
  • Expanded base customization with craftable structures like walls, doorways, arches, windows, lights, roofing, foundations, furniture, stairs, ladders
  • Craftable roads to provide stable paths for rovers and trucks
  • Landing pads that can be built and used with shuttles and spaceships as custom landing zones
  • More flora for planets such as different types of trees, shrubs, thorns that damage the player, mushrooms, ferns, etc.
  • More weather than just the sandstorms - these events could be planet specific and include acid rain, earthquakes, fire storms, or blizzards
  • Craftable clocks or watches that indicate relative time of day

Things like a jetpack would be amazing, we don't want Hello Games to think we are stealing their content though! xD Something like biome specific climates would also be really cool. Requires you too have extra protection to enter it maybe. Some dynamic weather would be amazing! Stuff like wind can break tethers, Rain would make the ground soggy and slow down movement speed. Great ideas I just hope the devs see it.

guns and other weaponry - too hostile and violent for an atmosphere like astroneer; with the cute looking astronauts, cute emoji reaction and vibrant scenes.

Gas masks that reduce damage from gas plants  - after getting use to the game, we barely die to the gas from the plants, being overpowered is not good

health bars are good, but the health upgrade should be like a battery or an oxygen tanks that take a space in the inventory

we already have energy upgrade which is the small battery, u can have as much as u like

I want to add a personal inventory space for the astronauts that takes 2 space of the inventory and add 6 or 8 (also allowing him to carry one research node in the bag); but there is a penalty where he walks slower after adding the extra storage. In multiplayer, one or two teammates can go back and forth to take the resources and research node to base before they get their trucks or rovers

u mentioned personal vehicles; HOVERBOARDS!!!! we need it!! but to make it less overpowered, it should only have one storage space for the solar panel, since the hoverboards are fast and should be used only for exploring and scouting the tunnels, of course not available to be used after adding the extra storage. I can imagine ppl dying down there after getting stabbed by spikes becoz he went too fast.. it would be hilarious. In addition, 4 players can have fun racing around randomly

• 3 weeks later...

First of all I really like all of your ideas! Nice work to type them out.

For me it looks like the right direction where this game should be going.

On 31-12-2016 at 5:42 AM, Pocobeastu said:

About these mobs or creatures that are planet specific. I would also like to add the resources that are planet specific. Right now you can find anything anywhere and it's not really needed to explore other planets. (just to enjoy the view ;) ) I know that some resources are less rare than other depending on what planet that you're on. But I find it not a real challenge to get my resources.

On 12/31/2016 at 5:42 AM, Pocobeastu said:

Gas masks that reduce damage from gas plants

That one is odd, you are not supposed to be affected by the "external" atmosphere as you are in your suit. Not sure if there is a description of it but I would guess those plants emit some sort of extremely corrosive gas that would burst through your suit... At least it's more logical but then, there is no real protection from that...

On 1/3/2017 at 4:06 PM, jozel said:

Guns and other weaponry

If you have seen by this time the stream Adam has done on January 6th about 3D modeling, he said that "he hopes" guns/weapons will never show up in the game...

This is the best list of suggestions that I have seen yet. Nice work. I think it would be unfortunate to entirely discount any chance for the inclusion of weapons (say lazer pistols) in the game. I loved the first six hours that I spent in this game, but let's face it. The replay value drops quickly when there is nothing left to research and/or no new blueprints to discover. The inclusion of hostile alien races or indigenous dangerous species would quickly escalate the need for things like protective base mods (like energy shields). Additionally, there would be a need for research into protective spacesuits and weapons technology. These things could easily be tied to a planet far out in the solar system. This way, only the players that were interested in combat could attain to reaching this level in the game play. 

For example, maybe you could reach three different planets in the outer solar system. Let's call them Planets X,Y, and Z for fun. Each planet would become increasingly harsh. Perhaps you would fight some dinosaur or large mammalian type aliens on Planet X, but see signs of more advanced aliens in the night's sky (weird lights). When you venture to Planet Y, the alien animal species become larger and faster. There are more alien sightings in the sky. This time the sighting include lights and even saucers. There are even a few alien artifacts and some extremely rare alien encounters (just a glimpse of tall thin greys). The artifacts lead to the development of weapons technology and energy barriers or lazer turrets for your base. Now you are ready to make the jump to planet Z. This is where things will get really hairy. It is the home world of an advanced alien species. There are resources that can only be obtained on planet Z, and perhaps the secret to deep space travel and recolonization of further solar systems. All of this allows for game elements to be added slowly and deliberately in updates.

I understand that some people, possibly even the developers, want to keep the game entirely peaceful. However, I can't see this game maintaining its wow factor indefinitely without something powerful to strive both for and against. Especially if the player is allowed to choose their level of involvement by voluntarily seeking out harsher planets with greater rewards. How many of us want to seek out the universe, but don't want to have a lazer gun strapped to our leg? Would either Star Wars or Star Trek have become legendary if the premise was to explore dangerous space plants and dodge the occasional dust storm all while digging incessantlly in alien soil? That's a big, NOPE! So developers of this potentially awesome game, I ask you, do you strive to make this game super ok? Or do you strive to make this game something that people live to play together, and can't stop talking about?  

On 12/30/2016 at 10:42 PM, Pocobeastu said:

Here is a list of suggestions that me and my friends have created after 3 days of gameplay:

• Space stations that are expandable and customizable (these would ideally show up as landing zones when orbiting a planet and could serve as bases)
  • Craftable and upgradeable weapons that operate on suit power - these could include a pistol, rifle, rocket launcher, etc.
  • Expandable inventory space via upgradeable backpacks
  • Upgradeable mining tool that harvests resources in greater amounts
  • More vehicle options like airplanes and smaller personal vehicles
  • Jet pack or similar personal flying gadget
  • Dynamic weather effects (i.e. "Arid" requires heat protective suit and buildings and "Radiation" requires radiation protection)
  • Gas masks that reduce damage from gas plants
  • Health bar to display remaining health (with health upgrades to expand it)
  • Energy upgrades to increase personal energy
  • More planets with varying environments (i.e. lava planet, oceanic planet, heavily-forested planet)
  • NPCs - these would be rare and appear in villages or small towns
  • Expanded base customization with craftable structures like walls, doorways, arches, windows, lights, roofing, foundations, furniture, stairs, ladders
  • Craftable roads to provide stable paths for rovers and trucks
  • Landing pads that can be built and used with shuttles and spaceships as custom landing zones
  • More flora for planets such as different types of trees, shrubs, thorns that damage the player, mushrooms, ferns, etc.
  • More weather than just the sandstorms - these events could be planet specific and include acid rain, earthquakes, fire storms, or blizzards
  • Craftable clocks or watches that indicate relative time of day

Yes please, these are all really good ideas and i just want to add to them. 

More resources, and could even possibly be Planet specific. (I really like the idea of many more planets, but to have more planets we need more resources and reason to go to them other than the cosmetic venture)

Please Please Please structures for building walls and base/fort. (Which would be very handy if added with mobs)

Since we have to have oxygen all the time it wouldn't hurt to also have to eat or drink water. Which could add to more base nodes. i.e Water purification and cooking/packing station for rations. And having the larger upgradeable packs could help in this area as you would need more space to carry water or food. Maybe even adding an upgradeable 0,2 tank to hold more oxygen for longer trips. Only 1 minute of oxygen really doesn't give us enough time to do much exploring.

Larger Planets. I find myself driving not too far in one direction and my home or vehicle nodes are no longer in sight and without a map i have lost several vehicles due to not having and sense of direction in game.

With NPC's could come quests and some sort of story? or Unlockables by doing favors for the Indigenous? 

I know it is still fresh and seems like it has a ton of potential. The game that is. I am glad i can be part of the starting community and am very excited to see where this game goes in the future. Would even like to see larger servers with many people working together to build if enough content and planets are added.

Keep up the good work guys i love it!

OP plays minecraft i think

I like most ideas except weapons, for once let there be a game without shooting anything in it..

the gasmask is a bit useless because you are allready in an enviormental suit. the gas might be corosive though..

Npc's in villiages ? realy (minecraft)

please let this game be without war...

the problem with a clock is that depending on where you are on a planet the daylight cycle is different so your clock may be slower or faster depending on where you are, this could possibly be fixed if you have it so it moves slower/faster depending on where you are on a planet.

• 2 months later...

The idea of building walls and lights and ceilings is great along with different threats of aliens on different planets which could change the layout to ur base on different planets giving each planet its own feel, this wall and ceiling idea is also very useful if the planet has water or liquid that erodes the land... the idea of a planet being completely of water on the surface is a great and challenging one, just imagine how hard it would be to build on the Surface of the water.  Expanding on alien plant life that could be seeded around your base is a good one too especially if u could farm it for food and energy