Trading System and Starter planet makes the game easy?

Is the Trading System and Starter making the game too easy?

Astro_Pic.png

After about 20 hours of game play, I feel like the most enjoyable part is building the first base, collecting all the research and building at least 1x of everything. and you're able to do just about all of this after 2-3 hours of game play on the starter planet. You can find just about everything in abundance. Even the rare items, you only need a little bit of parts to build trucks, rovers and cranes, and you can find these commonly in research items / Dead bodies / Crashed ships. While I do love how that works out, this creates a problem, because now there is just no reason to travel to another planet. The rewards aren't worth it because everything is already available at home or in base. and if it isn't? just slap things on the trading system and with patience you'll just receive all the materials you need to build parts to help you go out and... get more material? its kind of just a loop. What do you guys think?

Oh the trade system use to be even easier before they nerfed the fuel. You could generate fuel so fast and trade all of it for everything.

It works to an extend, but once you go to another planet, you can only carry so many resources. Plus some planets don't have said resources available to start with (lithium and titanium, which requires a drill and crane to mine, and can't be found on the starter planet naturally).

The game is about exploring, going to other planets, finding discoveries, the little mini-games. Sure you can take advantage of the trade system and everything, but you would be selling yourself short at that point of what the game is about.

Also, it is still pre-alpha, it has a long way to go.

plus you can just get infinite fuel from you fuel condenser and sell that as well
infinite recourses right at your base.

I usually go to another planet to challenge myself and set up a base where it could be the most challenging.
deep underground maybe or at the poles where sunlight is scarce without power source it becomes quite a challenge to harness power and you have to think about which machines you want to be powered. 

but yes i hate the trading platform it's great for ambitious projects but not for the core game.

12 minutes ago, dutch said:

plus you can just get infinite fuel from you fuel condenser and sell that as well
infinite recourses right at your base.

I usually go to another planet to challenge myself and set up a base where it could be the most challenging.
deep underground maybe or at the poles where sunlight is scarce without power source it becomes quite a challenge to harness power and you have to think about which machines you want to be powered. 

but yes i hate the trading platform it's great for ambitious projects but not for the core game.

If they do the creative mode, which would probably be infinite resources. At that point it would make sense to remove it in the core game.

I do the same thing, I made a base on every planet, with each building and resource. but thats it. it has more to do with patience then it does challenge

16 minutes ago, StuartF said:

Oh the trade system use to be even easier before they nerfed the fuel. You could generate fuel so fast and trade all of it for everything.

It works to an extend, but once you go to another planet, you can only carry so many resources. Plus some planets don't have said resources available to start with (lithium and titanium, which requires a drill and crane to mine, and can't be found on the starter planet naturally).

The game is about exploring, going to other planets, finding discoveries, the little mini-games. Sure you can take advantage of the trade system and everything, but you would be selling yourself short at that point of what the game is about.

Yeah once you go to another planet, with a Spaceship 1 Seat Storage on top of storage and a full backpack of supplies you can set up  a base in no time. and if that planet doesn't have the resources you need to can just fly back and forth stacking on items to create the base in the new planet, and even then its just like whats the point of farming titanium, if it can only give me a winch and an oxygen tank at this point? I understand its pre-alpha, I'm hoping they make it a point that once we get to a new planet, it should feel like a whole different experience + more content, the trading platform just cuts it short.

5 hours ago, StuartF said:

Very well said?

You are ruining your own game.. and guess what?  you have the option to not ruin your game. You cant ask for things to do or challenge to be added if you play cheap.. i know the game have the mechanic to do it, but in the end its your fault, because you choose to do it that way.

Its like someone says.. you can sit in your starating landing pod and live for ever...  but i dont think you would enjoy that.

I like trying to survive as long as possible without using a vehicle.. just me and my filters to survive.  It's cool.  Except the odd falling mishap.. but if Se wanted us to fly they'd have given us wings..

Although a jetpack (even no mans sky has a jetpack) and maybe some climbing gear.. would be cool.. and teleports.. and lifts...and long distance power transfer and those balls you can climb inside and roll around in... and... oh i dunno, not thought of it yet but it needs to be in the game like yesterday.. what are you guys doing??? Holidays?? Blehg..

On 12/30/2016 at 5:04 PM, MoonManKelvin said:

Is the Trading System and Starter making the game too easy?

Astro_Pic.png

After about 20 hours of game play, I feel like the most enjoyable part is building the first base, collecting all the research and building at least 1x of everything. and you're able to do just about all of this after 2-3 hours of game play on the starter planet. You can find just about everything in abundance. Even the rare items, you only need a little bit of parts to build trucks, rovers and cranes, and you can find these commonly in research items / Dead bodies / Crashed ships. While I do love how that works out, this creates a problem, because now there is just no reason to travel to another planet. The rewards aren't worth it because everything is already available at home or in base. and if it isn't? just slap things on the trading system and with patience you'll just receive all the materials you need to build parts to help you go out and... get more material? its kind of just a loop. What do you guys think?

I assume everything is in relative plenty supply so it can be tested. Some players have more difficulty than others finding stuff anyway it seems. Everyone is at different skill levels approaching a game, so even saying more difficult for some might be game-breaking and catastrophic for others.

Early on, I could see the trading system would make it all too easy, so I simply never used it, other than the first time to see how it worked. There's really no need for something like that in the game, until an advanced level, if automation was included, and the player had a big project to build to. Otherwise, it becomes god/creative mode, and equivalent to EE (Minecraft Mod: Equivalent Exchange) or Philosopher's Stone, allowing the player to turn even dirt into diamonds.

Right now I've reached the limit of the game, I've explored everything pretty much, tested everything, now time to let the development continue.

you could say it makes the game easy but in all reality, it is about exploring the solar system you spawn in I love the trading system once you get it you can make yourself a mobile base and explore gather enough resources and start building your next base on the next planet sure you can have infinite resources but it still takes time setting up your base to sustain infinite power the games in pre-alpha as well the trading system could be a way for players to enjoy the full game  as they work on new content and patches 

On 12/30/2016 at 5:04 PM, MoonManKelvin said:

While I do love how that works out, this creates a problem, because now there is just no reason to travel to another planet.

Then clearly this game doesn't work for you, you're not getting the concept. Especially that this is an early release and most of the content and game play isn't even included in this build. This version is for testing.

Edited by travin