Toewoe

Poison Gas Protection

I get the impression it already is acid, since, as you mention, you're already breathing from tanks.

In that case, a suit upgrade that makes acid less damaging or resists acid completely.

I haven't tried yet but, I'm pretty sure filters protect from this which makes it as Dragon is saying, you're on a closed oxygen system yet get hurt by gas it doesn't make sense. I'm sure they'll change or fix it though.

19 minutes ago, NightshadeG said:

I haven't tried yet but, I'm pretty sure filters protect from this which makes it as Dragon is saying, you're on a closed oxygen system yet get hurt by gas it doesn't make sense. I'm sure they'll change or fix it though.

I just confirmed that filters do not help so it very well could be acid clouds. Also, if you terraform and uproot them they stop producing it.

Edited by NightshadeG

Filters are a consumable, non-refillable oxygen source, just like Power Cells for energy.

As for the suggestion, something to help defend against gas/poison/whatever you want to call it would be cool, but I don't agree with adding something that makes us completely immune. There aren't that many things that can kill us so I don't think we should go allowing players to completely remove one of those threats. Maybe a blower-like attachment for the deform tool that pushes the gas clouds away from us, or something.

Yeah, maybe something that costs a lot considering that the evil plants are one of the only enemies in the game. Considering that oxygen tanks are created with titanium, maybe something like what @coldouglbach said.