1.17.88.0 - Steam - Auto Extractor not functioning properly

The thumper stops extracting resources if not in render distance of an astroneer on multiplayer dedicated server.  The setup that I use is an RTG on top of the thumper with another on a medium platform A.  The resources are collected via an auto arm on a large T platform with a large resource canister and an RTG for power (see pic for setup).  It does not seem to matter what resource the thumpers are collecting.  After setup the resources are collected as they should but if the astroneer leaves the area and the thumper goes out of render distance (by running away or leaving the planet) then no resources are collected and when the thumper comes back into render distance the "green" resource meter is depleted and no resources will have been stored in the large resource canister.

In the pic you can see that the thumpers resource meter has gone black (from fully green) but the level of collected resources in the canister has not changed, when the process started the level was almost at the top and I expected that it would be full when I returned but as you can see the thumper has depleted the resources in the area yet nothing was collected.

Just FYI, this is on OneLastMidnights patreon server which is run by Nitrado.

20201209070907_1.jpg

you can see our setup in OneLastMidnights video that we made streamed the day of the Project Cheer update.  You can see the setup we used to extract astronium being built out at min 34, and then at min 50 you will see a setup on wolframite that was supposed to be extracting for about 2 hours at that point but had collected nothing.  After we come back from Glacio near the end of the video you can hear me talking about how the thumper setup on the astronium had collected nothing while we were on Glacio snowman hunting.

After further testing it appears to be a problem with the Large Resource Canister (LRC) accepting items when it is out of render distance.  The thumper appears to work correctly with a medium resource canister on top and I have found that the auto arms collect and deliver items correctly when out of render distance so I can only conclude that there is a problem with the LRC.

note, in my configuration, if I log out of the server right next to the setup then collection of resources happens as expected and the LRC will have stored the resources.  The bug only appears to happen when the LRC is out of render distance.

Update, after more testing I can confirm this is a problem with the extractor.  No matter what collection method I have used, the extractor stops producing resources when not in render distance regardless of how the resources are collected, and it drains the area of resources (green meter goes black).

Same issue, playing on xbox series x, Astroneer version 1.17.89.0.  Session host with only myself in the session.  Extractors work properly when watched/within close range, but leaving render range results in continued depletion of resource node without any resources actually being collected.  First noticed on 12/11/2020, after about a month away from game.  Confirmed still an issue as of 12/21/2020.  Behavior confirmed with medium resource canister attached directly to auto extractor at Sylva core, powered by a single RPG on separate small platform.  Drove to planet Sylva surface and returned one hour later to find the resource node significantly depleted but only one unit of astronium collected.

Microsoft on PC, version 1.17.89.0.

Single-player session host.

Experiencing the same issue on Desolo, collecting Ammonium. Setup involves Medium Resource Canister attached to Auto Extractor and powered by Solar Array, 2 Medium Solars and 4 Medium Batteries. Does not collect anything when the Astroneer is off-planet.

Looking forward to a fix in order to get started with automated Hydrazine production.

• 5 weeks later...
20 hours ago, TheEndGame said:

This latest patch seems to have fixed this problem even though it is not specifically listed on the bug fixes as part of this patch.

Thank you for verifying!