mmaackss

CLOSING THE HABITAT DOOR

Lol, anal I know but it was the first thing I thought about 2mins in to the game. The hab door should be open when we are out and closed when we are in it. Dust storm aaahg! quick get in the hab, omg the door is open and rocks are flying at me nooooo, shut the door, shut the door..lol

29 minutes ago, Adz said:

Lol, anal I know but it was the first thing I thought about 2mins in to the game. The hab door should be open when we are out and closed when we are in it. Dust storm aaahg! quick get in the hab, omg the door is open and rocks are flying at me nooooo, shut the door, shut the door..lol

Yes, it just doesn't make any sense when a massive flying boulder from a storm directly hits you with the open door and you don't die.

I agree. Door to hab and to shuttles should be closed when the astroneer is inside. I will also share  that I took refuge in my shuttle once from a storm and while I was sitting in it and I must have taken a direct hit to the head or something because I died in the seat... it sucked because I had a full backpack of resources since I was preparing to start a new base and I could not recover the fallen astroneers backpack since it was in the shuttle cockpit.

Most definitely; it makes no sense as it, other than purely cosmetic, i.e., you can see he is in there.

+1 emphatically

On 9 February 2017 at 0:25 PM, Ghostwolf93 said:

This is something that has been bugging me since day one of playing Astroneer. When you are out of the Habitat I would expect the door to be open, ready for you to jump in. When you are inside you would expect the door to close, to protect you from dust storms. Yet it's the complete opposite.

I know that having the door open whilst you are not in it might cause some issues (like when the habitat is being transported before being deployed for example) so how about it opens automatically when you get near it, then closes when you get inside?

Mentioned this a couple of days ago. Please see quote.

Showed my 7-yr old daughter the game for the first time yesterday. Immediately a storm came in, so I hit 'tab'.

It took her two seconds to go "hey, daddy, why is the door open?"