I am having this exact same problem. I press the "LOAD" button and nothing happens, no freezing, no crashing, just nothing. It's as if it turned into a back button. For context, I have advanced pretty far in this save, I landed on Atrox in hopes of finding the last probe and my game froze so I restarted my computer, booted up the game again and tried to load my save and as I've stated before, nothing happened. I've spent the past three days searching reddit, steam forums and the internet in general in search of an answer. Here is the save in question:

SOLO WORLD$2020.12.06-05.09.10.savegame

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 1:19 PM, cavinator2 said:

Ive got that problem too since my PC has Crashed. Hopefully my savegame isnt broke?!

Oh no... That's my problem too...

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2020 at 10:52 PM, SES_Gina said:

Any change since the update?

Is there anything you can do, or that I can do to make world load?

11 hours ago, Redacted said:

Is there anything you can do, or that I can do to make world load?

Friend, whats up!

1) If your other saves loads, then this save in particulary, probably crashes. The save maybe is coorrupted.

2) If you will create a new save and it will load, then this save in particulary, probably crashes. The save maybe is coorrupted.

- What may have happened

If the save it's all 0's, the crash happened in the middle of saving, it 0'd out the save fale and crashed before it could actually save world data (see atached file).

Then, first at all: you need to send your save to the experts, here.

- Well, If your save it will be really corrupted, what will you need to do:

1) to sit and to cry (not necessarily in that order);

2) create a new save and to come to Discord. Friends there can help you to make another improved save more quickly.

- https://discord.gg/astroneer (International);

-  https://discord.gg/tyeFQr5e (Brazil);

3) At the future: always you must "duplicate" your save: daily, weekly, ... when it will be necessary.

4) At the future:make a backup and put it in a cloud: googledrive, etc.

Regards

readme.jpg

I had a stroke reading this, but thanks for this information. And sadly when I was trying to fix it I deleted it. As well I suggest finding a way to fix saves in case it becomes corrupted as all it takes is shutingdown your pc when it finishes exiting the game.