BshonGaming

Planet Ending Scenarios

I believe that a planet ending mechanic would be amazing for the space exploration of Astroneer! The game is generally peaceful, which I love about it. However, I believe that meteorites, or stars collapsing or something to that extent would bring alot of meaning to player choices. Such as "this star is nearly dead, but this planet is extremely nice for resources. Do we risk it?" and so forth. 

Bump this idea love it, but I also think k you should be able to save the planet in some way as well such as having laser built in space to stop asteroid or some way to stop the planet from ending even if u have to go to that star or sun on a mission before it explodes to save your planet ;)

On 12/30/2016 at 1:03 AM, Bocard80 said:

Bump this idea love it, but I also think k you should be able to save the planet in some way as well such as having laser built in space to stop asteroid or some way to stop the planet from ending even if u have to go to that star or sun on a mission before it explodes to save your planet ;)

Yeah that would be awesome! I feel like that would be a great way of keeping planets that you legitimately need/like the planet. It wouldn't be an "only victims" scenario making people feel cheated out of certain resources they need from those planets.