TBH with a game this good I have full faith that the Astroneer team knows best. Also, we have all seen what happened to WoW once blizzard started taking requests. Anyway this forum is here, I wanted to share my thoughts.

In general, after you have seen all the possible treasures, crafted all the machines and vehicles, seen all the planets and basically exhausted all of the games content, what's left, currently, is to go minecraft. Build huge bases, floating platforms, highways, tunnels. I'm looking really forward to this, but the *performance and stability* need to increase a lot for this to be possible.

I love that I feel a bit like a constructor in this game. So I'd love to see features supporting this gameplay:

- naming/labeling an area/beacon

- scaffolding, ladders, lifts

- conveyor belts, automation

- massive storage of materials (possible to create now but probably better if you can just build one platform for like 100 resin/100 combound

- asphalt, roads, rails

The crafting tree is exhausted quite quickly in the current game. Which is fine, it's still fun to explore. But if crafting is the focus it needs way more stuff:

- slower progression, more mats needed

- recipes are more rare, for example only found on dino skeletons or crashed satellites

- more levels of everything, bigger trucks, bigger batteries, faster rover etc

- more complex crafting : alloys, parts

Exploring is awesome in this game, I love the variety in terrain. It's a fun challenge to try and map. Using beacons and terrain deformations in a smart way, climbing up vantage points, I feel like a pre-roman area explorer sometimes trying to navigate back to my base. It's low-tech. I love that and it would be great if this was somehow kept alive, so I would request the following non-features:

- NO map

- NO waypoint arrow

And features:

- other solar systems. doh.

- more rare treasures like the crashed solar panel. btw how about allowing tethers to be attached to these for power?

- would also be cool if some parts can only be found, like the thruster engine. I have wet dreams of being able to build a star ship after hundreds of hours of play, crafting and gathering many parts, and finally be able to reach other solar systems

UI

I would like to be able to recognize which savegame it is from the menu. The date helps a lot but what would also help is seeing the astronaut you picked and maybe a bids-eye screenshot of the last base you saved or the state of the start base. Or maybe some stats, like how many spaceships, habitats, trucks you own.

Quality of Life

Stalagmites. They look awesome but its a pain to remove them. Maybe a crafted saw you can mount on the front of your vehical which destroys them as you drive.

Storms. Again, they look great but its not a challenge. It's just "you will now stop playing for 5 minutes while you sit in your car/habitat. have some coffee!"

Visuals

Something I noticed is the colors of the terrain don't seem to 'bleed' into the components of the base very much. This is the thing that stood out to me when I first played as 'indy' rather than 'AAA'.

Inside caves, especially moist caves with lots of life, some flying bats or birds would be fucking awesome, reminding of that scene in the 'cave' in Empire Strikes Back

Rain, snow, dust etc. I have recently been playing vanilla WoW and man the rain in wetlands is so awesome, I don't think I've seen anything like it in another game.

Keep up the good work Astroneer team!

Great suggestions. 

I only disagree with the map/exploration part. The beacons are relatively useless unless you use dozens of them at short intervals if attempting to go across the planet. Instead of a "map", there could be something similar to radio tracking devices. You basically get a distance and a direction to the beacon, which could be labeled, but not a map. So you would see "Underground Cave 2: 5km NE." This could also be from satellites (more research) that require you to sync with the satellites fly-by schedule. The radio version is nice because you could justify it for underground use.

On 12/30/2016 at 4:13 AM, sonocorneo said:

Great suggestions. 

I only disagree with the map/exploration part. The beacons are relatively useless unless you use dozens of them at short intervals if attempting to go across the planet. Instead of a "map", there could be something similar to radio tracking devices. You basically get a distance and a direction to the beacon, which could be labeled, but not a map. So you would see "Underground Cave 2: 5km NE." This could also be from satellites (more research) that require you to sync with the satellites fly-by schedule. The radio version is nice because you could justify it for underground use.

I love that, it's still very low tech. Bit like the signs in RPG's showing you where towns are.