Petrataur

Can we talk about hunger?

5 hours ago, Frigidman said:

So, because we add farming, does that mean we MUST add Hunger?
I think that is the debate here...

That's just a proxy side-debate about hunger, another means for people to argue it's not necessary. Technically speaking, there's no need for farming to produce anything at all. So far, in this implementation, it's intended as a source of food.

5 hours ago, erikinthebakery said:

I could see this working as your farm/synthesizer/food printer producing stacks of various "food materials". For example (and a bad example at that) you could input Organics and receive a stack of Apple Pie which, when in your backpack, gives you cold resistance when needed until it is depleted (similar to how energy and oxygen stacks deplete)

Agreed. This is what I've been saying all along. Nutrition could be automated, just like oxygen, power, etc. You gather it, you use it gradually, just like everything else. it's just another factor in the game that you need to keep going. Call it greevlies instead of hunger, it doesn't matter. It's just something you need.

1 minute ago, travin said:

That's just a proxy side-debate about hunger, another means for people to argue it's not necessary. Technically speaking, there's no need for farming to produce anything at all. So far, in this implementation, it's intended as a source of food.

It is also a means for people to argue the contrary. Ie 'Producing food means you must eat it or die from hunger'.

Were's the gray middle ground :D

Guh... I hate these two separate threads about the same damned thing!

20 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

It is also a means for people to argue the contrary. Ie 'Producing food means you must eat it or die from hunger'.

Let em nitpick and be contrary, that's not going to help the devs and this game.

I prefer the process of creative problem solving and being supportive. We've got a great concept and team to work with.

53 minutes ago, Frigidman said:

It is also a means for people to argue the contrary. 

Is that anything like coming up with arguments that other people "might" have?

:P