StonedSnorlax

SteamVR opening when launching game

I have this problem as well.  My Vive is always plugged in and it wants to launch it.  

I closed SteamVR and the game closed.  

Then when I relaunched the game, it launched SteamVR again but SteamVR ran into errors and would not initialize.  So now it's not running in VR mode, but it still is trying to launch SteamVR.  

If I start SteamVR before the game it gives me a message about running in a VR HMD and that may affect performance.  It then displays the game just on a screen in a kind of theater in VR.  Let me know if you need any debugging information.

Also have this issue. Only this causes all my audio to be redirected to my wireless headset, which I usually use in VR. I keep my Vive plugged in all the time too but I keep my wireless headphones off unless in use. This causes SteamVR to error out since it can't find the device I normally turn on just before starting up SteamVR. This would be a minor annoyance if it weren't for the audio issue.

edit: last time I played was before the patch, or more accurately, I played all last night and into late this morning, leading to me not grabbing the patch as soon as it was out. Looks like it's fixed now.

Edited by ThunderGod97

I too have this issue. They stated they included a fix for this in their first patch, but it seems to still be a present bug as I'm still experiencing the problem, even after restarting steam as they suggested in the patch notes.

yeah now that I actually start up the game again, I still have the issue despite the patch which included a fix. Perhaps it worked for some but not others, but SteamVR is still starting up on launch of the game for me.