Iota

Liquid-Fuel Based Power Generator (Hydrazine Generator) ; subtitle : more power sources

I really impressed latest update(automation update), And really enjoying Astroneer.

But It was really hard to keep operating the factory without RTG; it need constant power supply (like Organic, Carbon to feed generators)  otherwise should build dozens of Shelters

If it was able to craft 'Power cells' (which is only able to be crafted from Backpack Printer) automatically, It would be much easier to keep things on (mine and refine Sphalerite, and craft Power cells).

So, it would really impressive if there is some other power source which is powerful than Medium Generator, and Cheaper than RTG, like Hydrazine-fueled Generator or hydrogen-fueled(which may also crave Oxygen and never can be powerful than Carbon(=Coal) Generator, but still cheaper than RTG anyway)

Then, It can be automated by way of mining Ammonium(using Auto Extractor) and Extract Hydrogen(using Atmospheric Condenser) and make Hydrazine(using Chemistry Lab) then put Hydrazine and produce electricity. (already loading 17U/s WTF at least build five if one produce 4U/s but can be automated anyway)

Hydrazine Generator(imagination).png

Posted (edited)

Auto Extractor takes 55.5 seconds to create a single nugget of extracted material.

And five hydrazine generator crave 10 Ammonium to burn it up once.

which already means it need 555 seconds (and will be added by Chemistry Lab) for Auto Extractor to meet those five hydrazine generator, but normally it take only 100 seconds to burn the fuel up once for generators.

Nooooooo...

Edited by Iota

I find pre-RTG power management much more interesting than a really efficient generator upgrade.

Get some resin, make a few canisters, feed them to a soil centrifuge, pump out organic, feed to furnace, feed to generators.

I saw an idea for a large generator to consume hydrazine, which feels like a more natural progression IMO. Btw, how did you make the model of the hydrazine canister on the medium generator?