Game won't load from Xbox App on Game Pass on PC

I've recently got the game pass and have been playing astroneer since before the latest update. I updated the game today and now it will not launch. I have reinstalled the game twice and the Xbox App. Other games load fine. I get the initial loading window pop up for a split second and then it disappears and nothing happens.

Yeah, this same issue is happening for a friend of mine and it is very frustrating for him. He has reinstalled the game twice, and even contacted Microsoft support about it, and followed their directions, but nothing has worked. I have the same stuff as him except a smaller computer and not as wide of a screen, and my game works perfectly. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edited by al3xth3reap3r

Spoke to someone on the Discord any he said he contact Microsoft support and they said they couldn't do anything and to contact the developers. There was a 2gb update on the Xbox PC app last night but that didn't fix anything.

Fixed it. Someone posted on reddit about an app that updates all drivers. I got that but it didn't fix it. The PRO version is needed to update Microsoft Visuals C++ Redistributable. I did that manually both x64 and x86 versions. What do you know it sorted it. I'm not tech savvy enough to know why.
Just google "microsoft visual c++ redistributable package (x64)" and it's the first result.

@al3xth3reap3r

• 6 months later...

Well in this case, check the game was bought under your account. Or else verify the license of the game. Hope these trick works for you but if not then there are many other fixes.

Try the solutions listed in the guide - https://www.pcerror-fix.com/fix-xbox-wont-load-games-apps

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_gapp/xbox-one-not-loading-games/d676a337-6b3c-4ca3-9407-fb765307d4d5