Sign in to follow this  
QuaziKing

Automation: a few ideas to obtain a FULLY AUTOMATED FACTORY

0) Use "C"/"V" to change color of signal wire for future complex logic system
0.1) increase (double?) distance for wire if possible...

1) How about And/Or gate?
a) it's looks like a sensore with pin and the same interface except "F". "F" opens config panel (see image)
b) we can connect up to 4 (6/8?) input signals from other sensors or gates.
c) each input has 2 states: "Active" (green?) and "No Active" (red?)
d) gate switches input's states when receive signal from this input and remember that state.
e) Logic:
AND: When some input state become "Active" we will check all inputs and if all of them "Active" we send output signal.
OR:  When some input state become "Active" we send output signal.
f) Clicking on inputs changes the current state of these inputs: "Active/No Active" to adjust the logic schema. No output signal will be sent during these changes.
g) Click on output will send output signal for adjustment of logic schema and debug purposes.

2) Change size if pickup and drop off area of arm ("C" for one area, "V" for second). Now it's fixed. It would be perfect to adjust it for tasks like: small area (radius is 1.5 times smaller of current), medium (current size), big (radius 1.5 times bigger then now).

3) Sensore of storages in some areas (like pick up area for arm with size adjustment). So we can just come on the vehicle and the system activates and unloads the vehicle. Then  when storage became empty the system switched off (exactly like storage sensore but area).

andor.png

Getting the timing right for the and gate would be a pain, signals from sensors tend to be single bursts. It would be more practical if they added a "T-flip flop" which flips between the state of not doing anything and sending a perpetual signal each time a signal activates it.

Posted (edited)
On 8/11/2020 at 10:44 AM, JStocke12 said:

Getting the timing right for the and gate would be a pain, signals from sensors tend to be single bursts. It would be more practical if they added a "T-flip flop" which flips between the state of not doing anything and sending a perpetual signal each time a signal activates it.

Yes. It's not a problem. But I've made mistake in logic. It should be:

AND: When some input change its state (to "Active" or not) we will check all inputs and if all of them "Active" we send output signal.
OR:  When some input change its state and all other inputs NOT ACTIVE we send output signal.

In this case each signal just change the state of any other receivers and they will REMEMBER that state. And one single burst it enough.

Edited by QuaziKing

On 8/18/2020 at 1:29 AM, JStocke12 said:

but with sensors operating in pulses, you'd rarely see 2 of them activate at the same time

I didn't undersand: why is it matter? Could you explain the scenario. Thank you.

I can give mach-proof that my design if correct and full. I mean: full - any logic could be builed from this 2 items... Even Rizen CPU )