noreal

Inventory key perma-bound to I

1) As a left handed user WASD for me is IJKL, the key bind system seems fine except the "I" always pulls up the backpack even when its bound to something else.

2) Tried shifting over to OKL<semicolon> but while semicolon can be bound in the UI it does not trigger the action (any action as far as i can tell) in game

Thanks in advance.

Edited by noreal

I got exacly the same problem, Astroneer look as a fantastic game for me, but its unplayebel for lefthanded gamers who are useing IJKL.

Oddly enough, the default keybinding on my game is "Q". When I try to change it to "I" (which makes sense to me, Inventory), it doesn't work at all.

My wife is left-handed, but doesn't game. Why is it better for IJKL? Just curious.

Left-handed people who use their mouse with left-hand, use IJKL in place of WASD.   While happy to see key-remapping is already present, I was very sad to have the backpack stuck on 'I'.  I hope this gets fixed soon, as I was very much looking forward to playing, but not being able to use IJKL is a show-stopper for keyboard play.