Ghostwolf93

Useful Tick regarding Research and Auto Arms

Posted (edited)

Not sure where to put this on the forums as there is no dedicated place for Tips and Tricks, but I’ve discovered a useful trick using the new Auto Arms to create a continuous research system for getting Research Bytes, and I wanted to share in case anyone reading this had not discovered it themselves.

Two things to know firstly:

1) Auto Arms can grab Research Samples off the bushes and stones that they spawn on

2) Auto Arms can deposit Research Samples (and other materials) into a vacant Research Chamber

Locate a bush with 1 or 2 Research Samples, then put down a medium platform (A, B or C) with an Auto Arm on top, positioned so that the bush is within the Arm’s Green ‘grab’ circle. Next, put down a Large Platform A In the Blue ‘deposit’ circle, with a Research Chamber on top. You’ll also need a Storage Sensor to trigger the arm to start working initially, though I’ve found once it’s set up you can remove the sensor. Now you just have to power the Arm and the Research Chamber (3 units of power per second in total). An RTG provides ample power, but in early game you can use a combination of Medium Solar Panels, Medium Wind Turbines and Medium Batteries. If you use a Large Platform B instead of the M. Platform A for the Research Chamber, then you can use the side slots to put a couple of power sources on it without having to create another platform.

If this is on a dedicated Server, you can set this up and then just leave it to slowly acquire research points for you whilst you are either in or out of the game. And  if you have more power options available, you can have the first Auto Arm deposit onto a Medium Storage, with two or more Auto Arms feeding from it on to each their own Research Chamber, for an increase in speed in getting Research Bytes.

enjoy!

Edited by Ghostwolf93