Sign in to follow this  
Klen

Item/resource portal machine

Posted (edited)

Hello!

1. I would love to see a machine what can transport items or resources. It would be a great addendum for the automatization update. 
So in a nutshell, there would be a machine, which can transport resources in long distances, like between planets.

I will attach a simple, understandable picture with the deatils.1013288085_Itemportal1.thumb.png.fedf49154bd2d3e04aa32366acfe0729.png

Edited by Klen

to avoid the duplication bug the sender could just consume the item. once the item is consumed it could be rebuilt on the reciever as items in soil centrifuge, terrain tool or such...

1 hour ago, Totemkopf said:

to avoid the duplication bug the sender could just consume the item. once the item is consumed it could be rebuilt on the reciever as items in soil centrifuge, terrain tool or such...

The problem wouldn't be that the sender doesn't consume the item. The problem would be if there is 2 or more reciever. 

If the sender sends the resource, but there is 2 reciever, it could duplicate the item.

Posted (edited)

Think I was being a bit unclear as to what I ment. I was thinking as the item is being consumed in the sender it would be rebuilt in the receiver. Edit: to clarify this process would happen simultaneously. Ie if 2 receivers were present it would just print half of the resource in each. Ofcourse then it ultimately comes down to how the coding is around the defined unit. It's persistence and so on. 

Edited by Totemkopf