Character getting stuck on even perfectly smooth terrain

My character keeps getting stuck in even perfectly smooth terrain on Novus. I haven't been on other planets in this update/save file yet, so I'm unaware if it's local to Novus or not. It's incredibly frustrating and feels like my character is experiencing extreme lag but the game is running smoothly, and I'm playing singleplayer. I'm on the current Automation update.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This just started happening to me as well on a flat surface. My character will rotate but not jump. I tried digging them out but they just sink lower and continue the same behavior. The only way out of it (that I've found) is to terminate the character. It has happened to me twice and both times, it seems like it is occurring where a flat surface and an untouched surface meet. Planet Calidor both times.

• 5 weeks later...

Just got to Calidor and the game is just unplayable because of this. Every half meter or so the character gets stuck. Sometimes just for a short time but other times i have to jump or strafe around to get moving again.

I get this on both Novus and Calidor. I also get the sound effect of wind whooshing by so I can only surmise the game thinks the character is falling (even though it's not moving). I usually manage to get unstuck by moving a platform on the character's location, guess that does something different to collision detection.

Thanks for all of the feedback regarding getting stuck in the terrain.  This is a bug that we are aware of and working on a fix for in a future update.  

For what it's worth, it does seem that the problem is worse if you are near the North or South pole of a planet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been having this problem a lot. It happened once on Novus I think it was, and it happened 3 times on Calindor in the past 3-4 hours. I slow down, then I go into the falling animation and get stuck in mid air. I can hear the sound of air wooshing, as if I'm falling. I don't have a solution other than respawning at my starting shelter. I actually have 4 shuttles in one place on Calindor because I keep having to return. Which, by the way, is there any way to get rid of shuttles? Seems like they can't go in the recycler.

Edited by TheAdmiral

Sorry for the double post, but I noticed something else. For one, the wind wooshing sound hasn't stopped where I got stuck, even after I collected my backpack. The other strange thing is that my performance takes a noticeable hit when I got close to where I died. There's a sudden frame-rate drop that I've never seen anywhere else in the game. I haven't been able to get rid of this.