yaaweehoo_01

Powershell - Dedicated Server Manager Tool

Hello all you Astroneers,

I was looking to configure my own dedicated server but was annoyed at the lack of UI.

In light of that, I thought it'd be useful to whip up a quick powershell script to help with this.

The script does the following:

• Starts / Stops the server
    • When the server starts, a background job is executed that periodically checks for the process and reports back in the log file if it's running or not along with time stamp
  • Updates the external IP address
    • Updates the external IP address automatically if $Auto_start is set too $true
    • You do not need to manually check what your IP is
    • You must have ran Internet Explorer at least once for Invoke-WebRequest to work
  • Auto Start configurable
    • The script can be added to either the Startup folder or a Scheduled Task with an account that has run as service permissions
  • Set Server Port
  • Toggle Wait for Players Before Shutdown
  • Set Server Name
  • Set Server Owner
  • Set Server Password
  • All tasks executed through the script are logged with before and after information
  • Logs are stored here: .\ASTRONEER Dedicated Server\Astro\Saved\Logs
  • You can change the $Server_Directory variable in the script to specify where your sever files are running from. Please only include up too \ASTRONEER Dedicated Server\

Log Example:

07/07/2020 21:47:53 - Setting Change: External IPAddress updated too: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
07/07/2020 21:47:58 - Server Status: Active
07/07/2020 21:48:02 - Setting Change: Server Name changed from Bob too: yaaweehoo
07/07/2020 21:48:03 - Server Status: Active
07/07/2020 21:48:08 - Server Status: Active
07/07/2020 21:48:13 - Server Status: Active07/07/2020 21:48:38 - Server Status: Active
07/07/2020 21:48:43 - Server Status: Active
07/07/2020 21:49:03 - Server Status: Active
07/07/2020 21:49:05 - State Change: Server Stopped

This was made entirely by myself and is supplied as is. Whilst I will try to keep it updated and add any features possible on request, it's not going to be a massive active project. I wrote this in a few hours and I have tested it but if you do find issues, drop us a shout and I'll try to help.

I hope this helps :)

Astroneer Dedicated Server Script.ps1