Sign in to follow this  
SMITH .

Air vehicle (no not the rocket)

Name: Heavy Duty Exploration Quadprop Rotor-Rover (The H-DEQRR "H Decker")

Design: A whimsically/"sciency" named quadcopter that mocks the plate/puck layout and design of the rover of the same sizes but minus the front plate and front cable and instead have an embedded Astroneer seat/cockpit the shape of the buggy seat minus the bottom connector texture. Have oversized propellors and a slim vertical profile.  

More details if anyone wants to add to the idea of a quick mobile vehicle with super limited carry capacity (basically enough room for an RTG and a Med Resource Canister on the Medium HDEQRR) for hopping between base locations for resource transport or just quick hopping and being able to avoid the freaking mountains/canyons on Calidor, or Atrox's valleys of "OMG I ran out of Hydrazine and my oxygen is at like 25%, i just wanted to grab the stupid Research Item and come back!!!"

Something that flies differently in the atmosphere of each planet would be cool.

Yes! An air vehicle of some kind (I like the idea of a Hydrazine powered Luna Lander style contraption that flies similar to the Astroneer Jetpack) is desperately needed to navigate planets such as Vesania, Novus and Atrox as their surface design is incredibly unkind to rovers of any size unless you burn through them with the drill/paver combo which I prefer not to do as it impacts greatly on save performance overall. Most importantly though I think it would be really good fun to fly something like that around. It would certainly encourage greater exploration. Flying around collecting research/scrap and resource canisters. I would love something like that.