jordan mccray

Rover getting stuck on nothing

Information here first

Platform: xbox one

Single player game

Planet: sylva

I've been running into a bug, where when driving a large rover underground on a path created by the drill bit on the front of the rover. it gets suddenly and nearly permanently stuck on what seems to be invisible particles and suspended in the air

Causes?:

Seems to be happen when large terrains obstacles (trees, rocks) have been removed from the path

Notes:

Has happened twice, both times in the mantle of sylva in caves after having removed certain tree mushroom things and driving back across the same area

Have only been down there with the large rover, so it has only happened with that.

Happens on completely flat terrain with no visible particles in the air

I am running into the same issue. Mine has happened 3 times on the surface of Calidor and in the caves as well. My character is stuck on the surface as well. I tried to reset the game and now my save is unplayable. I have an image but I am unable to upload it.

19 hours ago, jordan mccray said:

Information here first

Platform: xbox one

Single player game

Planet: sylva

I've been running into a bug, where when driving a large rover underground on a path created by the drill bit on the front of the rover. it gets suddenly and nearly permanently stuck on what seems to be invisible particles and suspended in the air

Causes?:

Seems to be happen when large terrains obstacles (trees, rocks) have been removed from the path

Notes:

Has happened twice, both times in the mantle of sylva in caves after having removed certain tree mushroom things and driving back across the same area

Have only been down there with the large rover, so it has only happened with that.

Happens on completely flat terrain with no visible particles in the air

Okay, so update. These invisible barriers or whatever is stopping the rover seem to be in the same location as this dust? You can tell where they are because there's little cloud floating in the location where it stops you. I dont know if this is the case every time, but it is in the mantle layer of sylva for me. Tried to take pictures, dont know if they're great or not

20200629_115627.jpg

20200629_115628.jpg

I've noticed those in the mantle of Sylva but just barely. They tend to be around stalagmites and stalactites. Maybe forms of unbreakable material, surface rocks as well, are disappearing but the game still recognizes them as there? That could explain why they (and I) are getting stuck. This was somewhat happening before update 1.13.121 but not to this extent.

I'm running the Steam version maxed out so I think this is a mulit-platform issue. Though our situations may be slightly different.

Not sure about the Dust Particles, but I'll keep an eye out.

I have been having this same issue, I have to back up and walk around the spot like something is there. This happens while Driving or Walking.

I have had it happen on terrain that is unmodified and on terrain that I have smoothed out, surface or subterranean makes no difference.

I have tried to fill dirt up and remove it for both instances, as well as dug a hole and filled that up.

Happens from the start of the game, does not increase in frequency as the game progresses from what I have observed.

I haven't tried moving equipment on to the spot (Tables etc).

While not a game killing bug, it is inconvenient to the point of waiting for a fix.

I have included my Save.

NEW START$2020.07.02-22.23.58.savegame

PersistentLocalPlayerData.savecfg