Sket

[Bug] Automation update causes chemistry lab to make diamond instead of titanium alloy

Steps to reproduce:
- put a chemistry lab and two medium storage silos on a large platform b
- set the chemistry lab up to print graphene
- put two graphites and two hydrazines on the storage silos
- *two graphenes are produced automatically*
- open the chemistry lab panel and navigate to "titanium alloy"
- with no titanium loaded on to the platform, click the button to start producing titanium alloy

Expected result:
- nothing happens (since titanium has not yet been loaded onto the platform)

Actual result:
- diamond is automatically produced, wasting the graphenes

I'm using the Steam version of Astroneer and using a controller (although I don't think that matters). Let me know if you need more information :)

Posted (edited)

I got the very same problem, the graphenes get stuck on the chemistry lab and can't be moved afterward. In fact it happens every time you scroll over a recipe and you got the ingredients, they get stuck and you will use the stuck ingredients first. (I created steel while on the hydrazine tab).

Edited by [YJ]spykyvenator

I've experienced this, too. Until it gets fixed, packaging up the chem lab hurls the graphenes off (as usual), and it can be unpacked and used again.

Same here - it is easy to reproduce.

Also, the same bug can be seen with Carbon creating explosive powder.  If the Lab picks up 2 carbon it won't remove it and auto-creates Explosive Powder even if you select a different recipe.  This is also easy to reproduce.

The way to prevent this from happening is whenever you create something, hit the button again to turn the machine off.  It's being caused by the machine being on and starting the first valid recipe you come across then doesn't give up the graphene the same way a gen doesn't once it's had a bite of an organic.  No matter what you navigate to hitting start finishes the diamond.

Hopefully it can be changed so that when you change the recipe the machine is automatically turned off.

1 hour ago, meStevo said:

The way to prevent this from happening is whenever you create something, hit the button again to turn the machine off.  It's being caused by the machine being on and starting the first valid recipe you come across then doesn't give up the graphene the same way a gen doesn't once it's had a bite of an organic.  No matter what you navigate to hitting start finishes the diamond.

Hopefully it can be changed so that when you change the recipe the machine is automatically turned off.

Even if you try to turn it off, It continues to process it into diamonds instead. You also cant scroll to different resources while it's being produced, so you cant scroll to the diamond page to disable it.

2 hours ago, TheRandomMudkiper said:

Even if you try to turn it off, It continues to process it into diamonds instead. You also cant scroll to different resources while it's being produced, so you cant scroll to the diamond page to disable it.

Yeah, if you move to diamond before turning it off, you're hosed.  I've just gotten into the habit for now pressing the button to start it and then again to stop it when I produce anything.  Avoids the attempt to start making anything else as I scroll through the recipes.

1 hour ago, TheRandomMudkiper said:

For some reason, the issue has dissapeared for me. Has there been an update recently?

Nevermind. Sometimes it's there, sometime's its not. weird.

I would say that this is rather Chemistry Lab bug, anytime I have more than two GRAPHENE in storage it locks recipe for DIAMOND and I could not remove GRAPHENE, even while changing recipes. But only if I did not 'Stop' previous recipe and then just scroll for other recipe. (AUTOMATION UPDATE - XBOX ONE X). See below.