blecklight

Why I will not play in Astronner any more. Astronner is the One-time game.

Why I will not play in Astronner any more. 
Astronner - the One-time game.

Hi guys. Downloaded your game. I will not write about the graphic or technical moments, behind an exception, the display resolution does not change, and there are some noise when I approach "the main base"

So, why a game one-time, I hope it temporarily.
I spent for a game about 2 hours, built some buildings and then it became just boring and bothered. 

Switched off.

About me.
To me 30. The gamer with an experience. Participated in the first WCG (2004-5)  CS and WC FT.
Favourite games - Diablo, SK2, TsS, WC|FT, WoW, CS

What is not enough for me.
Lack of a multiplayer or opportunity to play against other players, to destroy their bases, to shoot at them и.т.п.

It seems to me to you it is necessary to analyze competitors and to think up a multiplayer, let it will be TOWER DEFENS, or survival. Add the gun and a feature to shoot at other players, to destroy their bases.

Or to play 3x3 or 3x3x3 on one planet.

Add rockets, lasers on the ship. 

Surely add MOBOV, BOSS, strong!

It is necessary to add a feature to swing the astronaut and the ship, not only production of resources.

Look at competitors. Practically all successful games have a multiplayer and an opportunity to play and compete with other players.

The cooperative mode quickly bothered me.

A little chaotically. Wrote in Russian. The translator used Google. If you have the Russian developer let will translate.

Original

Почему я больше не буду играть в Astronner. 
Astronner - Одноразовая игра.

Привет парни. Скачал Вашу игру. Я не буду писать о графических или технических моментах, за исключением, разрешение экрана не меняется, и возникают какие то шумы, когда я подхожу к "главной базе"

Итак, почему игра одноразовая, надеюсь это временно.
Я потратил на игру около 2 часов, построил некоторые здания а потом просто стало скучно и надоело. 

Выключил.

Обо мне.
Мне 30. Геймер со стажем. Участвовал в первых ВЦГ по CS и WC FT.
Любимые игры - Диабло, SC, CS, WC FT, Ну и несколько космических леталок. WOW.

Чего мне не хватает.
Отсутствие мультиплеера или возможность играть против других игроков, уничтожать их базы, стрелять в них и.т.п.

Мне кажется Вам нужно проанализировать конкурентов и придумать мультиплеер, пусть это будет ТОВЕР ДЕФЕНС, или выживание. Добавьте пистолет и возможность стрелять в других игроков, разрушать их базы. Или играть 3х3 или 3х3х3 на одной планете.
Добавьте ракеты, лазеры на корабль.  
Обязательно добавьте МОБОВ, БОСОВ, сильных!

Обязательно нужно добавить возможность качать своего астронавта и корабль, не только добыча ресурсов.

Посмотрите на конкурентов. Практически все успешные игры имеют мультиплеер и возможность играть и соревноваться с другими игроками. Кооперативный режым мне быстро надоел.

Немного сумбурно. Писал на русском. Использовал гугл переводчик. Если у Вас есть русский разработчик пусть переведет.

5 minutes ago, CoastwardKarma3 said:

Pre-alpha, all that this game needs as an excuse is that it is in PRE-ALPHA...

even alpha can and must make a curve multiplayer with one gun

They should do it)

I don't think this game needs to be "Space Rust" This game is meant to be casual and fun for people to team up and take on new worlds in space. They don't need to make this player competitive. It would make the game... Boring.

It seems as though you are playing the wrong game. The devs of this game specifically states in one of their streams that they do not want this game to turn into what you specifically said you wanted. They want an adventure game, as it is now, but more polished, and with more things to do and interact with. And personally, I love this idea. If it does not suit you, then I'm sure there are plenty of alternatives for you out there.

I'm not sure you're the target audience for this kind of game ...
Those things can be added, but it's like going on Gears of War and complaining you can't get your bricks and cement and buld a wall to crouch behin ...

Your playing the wrong type of game if you want competitive PvP. This game's concept is all about players (astronauts) discovering the planets and objects, etc in their solar system. Not about showing of our K/D's and creating toxic communities in the process.

There should be weapons, simple pvp in special zones but nothing that would make it competitive. I hate stats, rankings etc. in games.

Edited by SpacePotatoe

1 hour ago, SpacePotatoe said:

There should be weapons, simple pvp in special zones but nothing that would make it competitive. I hate stats, rankings etc. in games.

+1

1 hour ago, blecklight said:

[snip]

Check out the road map ( https://trello.com/b/UoZgKrd3/astroneer-road-map-planning ) on the astroneer website.  It outlines where they plan to take the game and many of the features they are working on. Many of which will address some of your concerns.  I've had a lot of fun so far, however, I also expect them to add a lot more content and things to do in game. 

Cheers!

Edited by Leftcoast
Added link to road map

I think thise game is not ready fo thise.. I mean there is not enought ¨expiriensed¨ players for battles.. for now it is OK if it is only relaxing game.. and playing for 2 h is a lot anyway..

Didn't COD make a space based game with 100x better graphics? 10 years ago I played to starcraft type builder combined with an FPS called Savage that was very good.  Had to farm resources to upgrade buildings to better weapons.  I would love to see a first person shooter league of legends but this is just not that game.  Multiplayer is already easy to kill someone.  Just break their tether line while they are in a cave and seal up the entrance.  Or build up ground below them and send them into the void to fall to death

Edited by Nich

I switched from Rust(over2500 hours over multiple accounts) to this and this does not need to be rust. Nothing against that game, it's still my favorite game, but this is a peaceful exploration game, not a PvP troll others game. Maybe in the future they'll be able to have servers where people fight for resources, but the devs already said they will not add guns. You are playing the wrong game.

P.S - got this game 3 days ago, already have 20 hours in it, no plans to stop :D

Edited by Typhlosion

On 28/12/2016 at 11:04 PM, blecklight said:

Hi guys. Downloaded your game. I will not write about the graphic or technical moments, behind an exception, the display resolution does not change, and there are some noise when I approach "the main base"

So, why a game one-time, I hope it temporarily.
I spent for a game about 2 hours, built some buildings and then it became just boring and bothered. 

Switched off.

About me.
To me 30. The gamer with an experience. Participated in the first WCG (2004-5)  CS and WC FT.
Favourite games - Diablo, SK2, TsS, WC|FT, WoW, CS

What is not enough for me.
Lack of a multiplayer or opportunity to play against other players, to destroy their bases, to shoot at them и.т.п.

It seems to me to you it is necessary to analyze competitors and to think up a multiplayer, let it will be TOWER DEFENS, or survival. Add the gun and a feature to shoot at other players, to destroy their bases.

Or to play 3x3 or 3x3x3 on one planet.

Add rockets, lasers on the ship. 

Surely add MOBOV, BOSS, strong!

It is necessary to add a feature to swing the astronaut and the ship, not only production of resources.

Look at competitors. Practically all successful games have a multiplayer and an opportunity to play and compete with other players.

The cooperative mode quickly bothered me.

A little chaotically. Wrote in Russian. The translator used Google. If you have the Russian developer let will translate.

Original

Not all games are about promoting anti social disorder.. there's no need for guns or even the need to upset other players in Astroneer.. but if that's your thing.. have a nice short life.

And the game is in pre alpha, that's not an excuse, it's a fact.  There really isn't any place for pvp discussion at the moment.

Edited by Martin

Exploration/creative games are not for those with short attention spans. If you only played the game for 2 hours, you haven't played the game. There are a million games that will cater to your need to shoot people. I would be very disappointed if this one turned into just another one of those.

This isn't a shooting game, it's a building/exploration game. It is obvious that you enjoy shooting games and arena games. This game definitely isn't for some people, you included.

On 29.12.2016 at 0:16 AM, DrSvenVonGibson said:

I don't think this game needs to be "Space Rust" This game is meant to be casual and fun for people to team up and take on new worlds in space. They don't need to make this player competitive. It would make the game... Boring.

Exactly. For me, even now the game is very cool. A lot of fun, relaxing. I played already 54h and today I will play again.

Edited by Milkfish

Please do not add guns to this game. All the others have them and it is a refreshing change of pace.

This game does not need guns and fighting. There are enough games out there that have them. One of the main reasons that I like this game is that it is very family friendly.  It is a great game to play with my 5 year old.  This game is about building and exploration.

If it changes from building and exploration into just another fighting game I will stop recommending it to other parents.  There are lots of games with guns and killing. I don't mind guns and killing games, but I don't want my younger kids playing them yet.  Heck I enjoy the laid back change of pace as well sometimes.

Please keep this game themed away from the violence of the other games.  

I'm 45 and played the original Asteroids stand up arcade machine for 20c a go... This game is great for when I'm sick of toxic "LOOK ME KDR LEET PRO NOOB HEAD" games...

19 hours ago, mardok said:

Please do not add guns to this game. All the others have them and it is a refreshing change of pace.

This game does not need guns and fighting. There are enough games out there that have them. One of the main reasons that I like this game is that it is very family friendly.  It is a great game to play with my 5 year old.  This game is about building and exploration.

If it changes from building and exploration into just another fighting game I will stop recommending it to other parents.  There are lots of games with guns and killing. I don't mind guns and killing games, but I don't want my younger kids playing them yet.  Heck I enjoy the laid back change of pace as well sometimes.

Please keep this game themed away from the violence of the other games.  

+1 on this. Everything I'd say has already been said.

I personally do not have the game, and from the reviews, I do not plan on purchasing it until it exits the Pre-Alpha phase. But, from what I've read, I can tell that the game is lacking in features. If this game is meant to be an adventure game, I'd say make it add a ton of features. Make some planets that are huge, and have moons. Make gas planets that you can't land in but you can explore. I would say add planets that have advanced life forms (if it doesn't exist already). All of these are options, and from a future buyer perspective, and not a current player, I am just giving my opinion on what I would want from an adventure game. Also, add more interesting extensions to your base. For example, livable domes that can extend into many different things (again, I don't know if this is an option, but from the YouTube videos I've seen it seems as if you spend your time inside the little pod you landed in. I think I'm taking more of "The Martian" approach, where they have the Hab where they live. Maybe you could choose a type of character, and what your purpose was to come to the planet (ex. Mark Watney was a botanist, you could be studying alien life forms, or just trying to collect materials to make money). 

Again, this is a nonplayers opinion, so by no means take my word like I have experience in the game. I have high hopes for this game, and I also hope it can exceed my expectations.

well, it just sounds like this type of game just isn't for you. not every game is. and games don't need an online multiplayer to be successful. just look at the new Zelda breathe of the wilds its breaking sales records and highly rated  and very popular and yet it has no multiplayer. but I do like the co-op of this game as it give me a breath of fresh air  and a relaxing break from the fast paced fps games which can get stressful to play at times and to just chill with friends and relax a bit.

none of the games you listed that you play are even in the same open world survival genre as this game. which  would also tell me you never player anything similar to this . and at least you tried it and found out it may not be your cup of tea.