SirGreenDay

How do you delete save files (XB1)?

Since there only appears to be 1 save file I think if you start a game through one of the astroneers then that save will overwrite the old one. I could be wrong but starting a new game should be what you are looking for right?

6 minutes ago, I Made Poopy said:

Since there only appears to be 1 save file I think if you start a game through one of the astroneers then that save will overwrite the old one. I could be wrong but starting a new game should be what you are looking for right?

You can have 2 save files, i have 2 save files, i want to delete my older one but like this guy i cant

3 minutes ago, ExtremeRaccoonX said:

You can have 2 save files, i have 2 save files, i want to delete my older one but like this guy i cant

Oh ok. I only saw the one slot. Maybe if you start a new game with that particular character?

1 hour ago, ExtremeRaccoonX said:

I didn't know you could have 2 save files. 

How do you create a 2nd one, I only see the LAUNCH option (or LOAD) under each slot.

Do you mean 2 saves per Astroneer character/slot? 10 slots total? 

i dont know, if you already have a save just try using another character and it might work? you're putting your other save at risk though cause im not exactly sure how i did it

Edited by ExtremeRaccoonX

1 hour ago, SirGreenDay said:

I didn't know you could have 2 save files. 

How do you create a 2nd one, I only see the LAUNCH option (or LOAD) under each slot.

Do you mean 2 saves per Astroneer character/slot? 10 slots total? 

Read the other post, i forgot to quote you

I just bought the game and kind of had the same issue. I started a char and had no idea what I was doing and found myself fumbling around like a fool absolutely wrecking the area surrounding my first attempt.

Seems the only way to do it is to do it manually, luckily I know my way around computers/Windows. The saves seem to be in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames - You can navigate to that location with windows key+R type %appdata% it will take you to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming - You just go one directory 'up' and you should see Local/LocalLow and Roaming. Just go to Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames and delete the slot in question (I'd recommend moving it somewhere else in case you want to change your mind)

Ah thx for the Help. i had 4 Save Files with the same Char. (technically you can always pick the same Char. it just makes more Saves.)

and i wanted to Start Fresh, still Freezing at Random, but atleast know how to Delete old Files.

Same for me (Windows 10 / Xbox ONE) actually i have 6 saves and can't remove them. Also every save is empty, when i load them i found nothing builded on planet. BTW Windows 10 app save in protected folder, it's a bit too difficult than steam version to solve manually this issue.

13 hours ago, TGS said:

I just bought the game and kind of had the same issue. I started a char and had no idea what I was doing and found myself fumbling around like a fool absolutely wrecking the area surrounding my first attempt.

Seems the only way to do it is to do it manually, luckily I know my way around computers/Windows. The saves seem to be in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames - You can navigate to that location with windows key+R type %appdata% it will take you to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming - You just go one directory 'up' and you should see Local/LocalLow and Roaming. Just go to Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames and delete the slot in question (I'd recommend moving it somewhere else in case you want to change your mind)

Read the Topic Thread how to delete old save files XBOX ONE! not win10 or steam so your little PC maps are Useless here

1 hour ago, Torkkar said:

Read the Topic Thread how to delete old save files XBOX ONE! not win10 or steam so your little PC maps are Useless here

Remember that Windows 10 version is an app like Xbox installer, that store saves in protected folder, also ingame we have the same look of xbox one version so when will come out a solution for xbox one, there will be the same for Windows 10 app version.

Same problem for Xbox one. I have 6 saved games and want to delete a few to find better worlds to start on. Can someone from the developers answer please?

ok so for the time being the ONLY solution for clearing saves from XBOX ONE due to CONSOLES not having WINDOW EXPLORER to open specific FILES such as a saved game is to uninstall Astroneer & reinstall it which really waists time.

Edited by Torkkar

28 minutes ago, Torkkar said:

ok so for the time being the ONLY solution for clearing saves from XBOX ONE due to CONSOLES not having WINDOW EXPLORER to open specific FILES such as a saved game is to uninstall Astroneer & reinstall it which really waists time.

nope, a faster way is to "manage" game and remove user files. On the left side when you are in the game tab (xbox game explorer) bump down to "user files" (usually 5mb) and delete it. Give a try.

On 12/19/2016 at 0:23 PM, dr4g0n36 said:

A faster way is to "manage" game and remove user files. On the left side when you are in the game tab (xbox game explorer) bump down to "user files" (usually 5mb) and delete it. Give a try.

This works; HOWEVER, it deletes all save files. Use with caution.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 5:01 AM, TGS said:

The saves seem to be in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved\SaveGames

I don't have XB1, instead I bought the game from the Windows Store.  However, when I navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local there is not a folder for \Astro... very strange because when I start the game the two saves I have (ghost capsules) are showing on the space station.  I'm the only user on my computer so no chance I'm looking in the wrong directory.  So my question is, where are my game save files actually residing?

33 minutes ago, Pi_ said:

I don't have XB1, instead I bought the game from the Windows Store.  However, when I navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local there is not a folder for \Astro... very strange because when I start the game the two saves I have (ghost capsules) are showing on the space station.  I'm the only user on my computer so no chance I'm looking in the wrong directory.  So my question is, where are my game save files actually residing?

Windows -->APPS<--- save in private-only SYSTEM accessible folders, like all other apps. Don't follow any giude how to enter, trust me, 50% of times if you add your account to folder privileges in order to access Windows delete it and rebuild it thinking of a system attack.

BTW, if you want to proceed, search in: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\{PackageId}

Edited by dr4g0n36

10 hours ago, FruitSlap said:

This works; HOWEVER, it deletes all save files. Use with caution.

I know, it was only an alternative to a "clean" install. Deleting User files on XB1 is like a new game redownload, saving GB and time.

On 21.12.2016 at 5:55 PM, Pi_ said:

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks\SystemAppData\wgs\

The Folder ...\SystemEraSoftwork\... can have numerals and letters. in Folder ...\wgs\ can be one more or two follders. You need to find files, wich have names like this: "F470D3F115844848B7233A0269B439A9". That are a savefiles. Don't ask me, how I found it :) 

Sorry for my english.

It was suggested this topic needs it's own thread, so bumping this one instead of creating another one.

Thanks Vic-tuK for the tip about the file location for those of us who bought the game from the Windows Store.

C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks\SystemAppData\wgs\

So open the wgs\ folder and you will see two more folders, one has a long alpha-numeric name, open that one.

Next you will see a containers.index file & another folder.  Again open that folder with the long alpha-numeric name.

Finally, depending on how many game saves you have, you will see only files (no folders)... these are the actual game save files.  The files will have names like container.%number% & again a long alpha-numeric name.  Delete all files with date-time stamps that match the in-game saves (the "ghost capsules" on the space station).  The next time you start the game the unwanted "ghost capsule" should be gone.