Sign in to follow this  
colbutterbeater

wont let me leave first planet

I have started this game about ten times and built it up to the point of planet hoping.The last 2 worlds were lagging at this point.The last game i was leaving on was looking good to travel off planet.The minute I left things went to hell.The lag was horriffic.When I went to return to my home planet it landed on the machine build platform with the little ship on it right over the top of it.????? and started bouncing around as well my truck and 2 trailers disapeared.This game is great but from the looks of things your spending all your time on the pc version which people in the last few weeks online are advancing through the solar system and the console people are restricted to one planet and take off in spaceship is reallly the end of the game in this state.It probably wouldnt hurt to spawn the two ships farther from the platform so as you can walk bettween the ship and the base it would make it alot less stressful on the program around the buttons and such.I think the problem lies in the transition bettwween pkanets on console combined with to mant teathers,which i have been picking up as i go to avoid lag and that is barely happening.LAG LAG LAG.Is the issue.I think its time to hang up my helmet on this one its to anti climactic to never progress past the first planet without crashing and lag.It seems when there is more than one vehicle bay shit hits the fan or is at least a start,There is also a problem with vehicle attachment crafting such that it trys to craft parts on to ship that are for the bigger ship or vise versa.Hope the lag and issues are adressed .Pc seems to be way farther ahead then this is.

Pre-Alpha

I cannot speak for the devs, but I can tell you what I've heard and seen from various sources. To my understanding, they are working with great effort on both the XBox version and the PC version, however they have a couple extra hoops to jump through when it comes to releasing updates and patches on the XBox. The lag you're experiencing is certainly not affecting everyone else the same way it is affecting you. I've seen some really smooth gameplay on both versions, and have seen people on the XBox be able to go to other planets the same way they can on PC. Give it time, they're slowly fixing the game bit by bit.