Sign in to follow this  
aiVIlks

Can't start the game at all, freezes my computer, ends with a bluescreen

Installed the game via Steam, all nice and fast, tried to launch it in full screen, splash image pops up and nothing - laptop completely freezes, no mouse movement, no changes on the screen, can't access task manager or anything else. Not a single error message, no pop up windows, no nothing.

Hard reset the laptop, tried to launch again but in windowed mode - same happens.

Hard reset, tried to launch again in full screen - same happens, this time I'm waiting, after minute or two laptop bluescreens with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error.

Tried to uninstall, reinstall, run as admin, both steam and the game. Tried compatibility troubleshooting, ran the game in windows 7 and windows 8 modes. Tried updating windows, steam, game - nothing changes.

Launched a few times with Task manager opened - when launched, laptop starts to struggle a lot, mouse starts lagging heavily and after a few moments freezes completely. Task manager shows slight CPU bump (60% - 70%) at the beginning but than drops back to 30%, interestingly enough, Disk activity (in my case SSD), never starts, it literally becomes inactive right the moment game is being launched (drops to 0%).

My laptop specs:

CPU: i5-2410M 2.30GHz (4 cores)
RAM: 4GB
NVIDIA GPU: GT540M 2GB