Meowsters

Alot of dedicated server issues

Posted (edited)

So I have rented n official server from Nitrado now I have to say I use Nitrado for all my gaming servers and never had any problems with them so I know its not their doing.

Before anyone goes on about computer is too slow, Specs here (and no I am not using WiFi its just on the board)

After 35+ hours on the dedicated server here are the bugs so far.

After travelling in a shuttle from one planet to another after you land you can not pull out your excavator (E) you have to re-log this is an intermittent fault that everyone has had to deal with so far on our server, this gets very frustrating.

On re-log the server is sometimes completely missing from the list, trying to re-add it back manually just gives an error telling you the server does not exist, the only way we have found to totally clear this issue it to reboot the machine, not even a steam re-log solves this issue.

Travelling from one planet to another sometimes causes your shuttle to disappear and your left hanging in space, again a re-log solves this issue.

On the planet, Falling through the map, this happens more frequently the further your get away from the starting planet, also floor disappearing from under us showing the inside of the planet and the resources hanging in mid air.

Walking in place and getting stuck on invisible objects, this probably coincides with rubber banding too and this happens even if I am alone on the server its terrible.

Random disconnects, menu telling us the server is offline when it clearly is not, have had it kick me out telling me there is no connection to the host but there are players still in the server happily playing away, then to go an try and log back in only for the menu to tell me that the server is offline, shutting down steam and restarting it is the only way to clear this off.

Benches, resources, vehicles even rocks having a mind of their own jumping up spinning around in the sky then poof gone.

Backpack issues, gathering resources just vanish sometime after you get in a vehicle and drive somewhere else getting off the vehicle and your backpack in now empty you can start refilling it again, great thnx for that.

The Icons at the bottom of the backpack printer shake and again the further out you get on different planets the worse it gets, it looks like they are trying to escape now its just too funny.

Boinggggg

The research chamber popout display no longer works there is an intermittent display flicker before the screen goes off so you cant see what its doing, maybe water has gotten in there or a bit of dirt on the contacts, that needs sorting out asap.

Ping!!!

I am sure there are many other bugs in this pre alpha, wait no its 3 years in the making disaster, I will add to this post as we find more thing broken, I am so glad we didn't live stream the server launch (facepalms).

Edited by Meowsters

Yeah. I'm having same kind of issues.

It's not fun to notice that all attachment from terrain gun has vanished during flight to some rock planet (bye bye drill mods). Or when using solid fuel rocket it just bugs and uses one of its uses without flying anywhere. Round trip just changed to one way trip.

I bought this game during early access times and thought that this would be nice game to stream with friends. Still waiting that promised 1.0 dedicated server multiplayer support that works. It's going there but for me this game is still at the early access state.

I'm also having a frustrating issue with the Nitrado servers. Me and a few friends have put around 30+ hours into a save, and now the server seems to just crash every 20-30 minutes losing our progress

I, too, am noticing the following:

• Shuttle disappearing/appearing while travelling between planets
  • Occasional terrain tool lockout, where 'E' will not deploy terrain tool after landing on surface
  • 'C' and 'V' not available while in orbit.  Forced to land on surface again, then launch again
  • Gateway chamber deaths.  Just walking across an activated gateway chamber kills your astroneer
  • Satellite deaths.  Arriving on the satellite via gateway engine occasionally kills your astroneer
  • Exiting rovers sometimes sends vehicle flying into the distance
  • Terrain modifications made by large drills graphically revert back when revisiting, then after a few moments correct themselves

I have also seen issues and will enumerate there here (all listed above but just to confirm)

• Shuttle disappearing (and sometimes some attachments)
  • Shuttle using an extra solid booster sometimes ( i just have to travel with a packed one all the time)
  • Getting out of a vehicle while its moving will almost always freak it out
  • Relogging or taking a trip you lose attachments sometimes to your gun
  • Losing E when you travel is very annoying
  • If you dig through a mountain or two and then use that tunnel with a buggy (going fast) you will fall through the floor into the caves below before it loads for you
    • As mentioned by @Kuros Paladin above however its NOT just graphical you will fall through to the below caves if you don't stop and wait for it to load
  • Backback icons shaking around (the backpack printing interface icons)

On 5/31/2020 at 7:08 PM, Meowsters said:
  • Walking in place and getting stuck on invisible objects, this probably coincides with rubber banding too and this happens even if I am alone on the server its terrible.
  • The Icons at the bottom of the backpack printer shake and again the further out you get on different planets the worse it gets, it looks like they are trying to escape now its just too funny.
On 6/16/2020 at 5:36 PM, Kuros Paladin said:
  • Shuttle disappearing/appearing while travelling between planets
  • Occasional terrain tool lockout, where 'E' will not deploy terrain tool after landing on surface
  • 'C' and 'V' not available while in orbit.  Forced to land on surface again, then launch again
On 6/17/2020 at 5:49 AM, BamBam™ said:
  • Backpack icons shaking around (the backpack printing interface icons)

These issues exist when I connect to a friends game too. They are not specific to dedicated servers. The only thing that matters is that you are not the host. On top of these issues I also encounter the following:

• Atmospheric Condenser is unusable. Shows white boxes instead of the gas icon and PPU value. The button to start the machine disappears. Can only be fixed by exiting the game and reconnecting.
  • The shuttles and jetpacks say they don't have fuel until you remove and re-attach them.

I absolutely love this game. This is our 3rd time through this game since it came out. System Era please fix these bugs.