Maybe there could be a medium oxygen canister,same size a medium canister same shape ,but it holds oxygen. It would have the same functionality as the medium canister,you know like take some oxygen canisters and you can put them on the ports and it will fill and take oxygen from it plus if there is any oxygen in a nearby tether it will take oxygen and fill itself that way too. it could also supply oxygen to tethers too

Oxygen is infinite if you make an oxygenator... why go through the trouble if you can just make a small platform and place an oxygenator on it? Better yet, use a portable oxygenator??

I like to use the portable oxygenator (PO) on my rover since it requires a smaller connector than the larger one. However, you need a very reliable power source to use it since the the thing drinks power like Capt. Jack Sparrow drinks rum. I usually have an RTG on the rover when I have the PO on there and leave the PO on all the time since it can't drink an RTG dry.