Found thing. What is it? Can I haul it?

Was running around on the moon and found this thing - I was hoping to drag it back to my base to use it.  Unfortunately after I dug it out it hangs in the air, and the wench can't seem to pull it?  There's a piece of debris stuck in midair that I also can't move.  Is this supposed to be mobile?  It looks like it would be useful to me, but I don't particularly want to build a base around it if I can take it back home.

Is there something I need to do to make it moveable like the solar arrays?

Astroneer strange item.png

Never seen one of those but it looks like it is a combination of launch pad and platforms, including a power plug. However it may be static so either build around it or leave it.

But the total value doesn't seem to be very high anyway. I see three 4-slot platforms, two 1-slots and a launch pad. It's main draw seems to be the aesthetics.

Those things have been around since the game was in Early Access. I think it was supposed to be some sort of launching pad or something like that. They produce oxygen and have electrical sockets on them too. In the first tutorial that I ever tried you had to build a ramp up to the top of the thing to replace the actual ramp that was broken off of it. They are hard to find now though, so good score finding one.

ah, the old landing pad debris unit. how i remember it. looks like you found it on the moon, right? yeah, Desolo is where i used to run into these suckers. they were great back in the early access days, they had O2 and you could power them up after a fashion. i would often transplant my base units wholesale over to this guy and build stuff around it, just so i had something different in my base. they wont move, though. tried all kinds of ways, will not budge one inch.

of course now you can blow stuff up it might break down into junk. have you tried dynamite?

@Bron, great suggestion on trying to dynamite this thing! That dynamic is still a new concept to me and I generally don't even remember that it's an option. @Drayde, it would be great i you would try giving it a dynamite "treatment" and let us know what happens.