Are there still Sandstorms on some planets?

Recently, my brother just set foot again of Calidor and I told him to watch out for Sandstorms... Turned out that none came... Are they bringing back sandstorms? Because sandstorms are like the one form of weather in the game.

No, sadly storms are all gone and while there are not written off entirely, they won't come back any time soon. Admittedly they were somewhat annoying at the very start of the game where players only had the option to sit them out. So removing them from the terran start planet was probably a good thing. but doing so on all other planets as well was very unfortunate.

Sand storms? I remember storms with the "cardboard boxes from hell" but never anything that resembled sand. Sometimes those storms even carried useful items along with them. On many occasions I found bottles of hydrazine that weren't there before those storms would pass through. Didn't the storms on Calidor have those giant spike balls that that blew along with the storms like killer tumbleweeds?

On 5/10/2020 at 2:52 PM, Flyingcrowbar said:

Sand storms? I remember storms with the "cardboard boxes from hell" but never anything that resembled sand. Sometimes those storms even carried useful items along with them. On many occasions I found bottles of hydrazine that weren't there before those storms would pass through. Didn't the storms on Calidor have those giant spike balls that that blew along with the storms like killer tumbleweeds?

well, i remember the 'cardboard boxes from hell' (see past Bron posts) and i certainly remember those horrible spiky little buggers on Calidor - the limited rez distance in the game meant that they would sometimes just sit there in the middle distance, and wouldn't come at you till you approached them. but i have no memory of storms that gifted you items - are you sure you weren't just getting stuff blown about your base during the storm?

On 5/10/2020 at 12:09 PM, Luka Oneill said:

There should be some sort of weather  

there is weather. bright sunny days and cloud formations are weather. but i get your point. a little more variety in the climates might not be completely terrible.

just another point on this Lazarus-like issue: if the devs were to introduce a weather system, and they wanted to start slow and small, there is an obvious candidate: Glacio really ought to have some kind of snow, hail, even blizzards. of all the planets this one feels like the most glaring omission. and dammit i love Glacio, i spend half my gameplay time there, it's a wild and beautiful place and the resource pods are the most valuable. weather on Glacio would mess up my time there, but it would also be logical.

On 5/13/2020 at 10:40 AM, Bron said:

are you sure you weren't just getting stuff blown about your base during the storm?

@Bron, I have to be honest and admit that may have been the case, but many times that I found stuff it was up wind and shouldn't have come from my base if it was blown along by the storm.. Either way, it was always nice to be driving, or walking, along and find an unexpected treasure just laying on the ground in the middle of nowhere! Also, I agree with your comments on Glacio! It is a wild and wonderful place. You just need to be able to deal with the glare and "Snow blindness" that occurs there even when there isn't any snow flying around.

On 5/14/2020 at 1:47 AM, Bron said:

just another point on this Lazarus-like issue: if the devs were to introduce a weather system, and they wanted to start slow and small, there is an obvious candidate: Glacio really ought to have some kind of snow, hail, even blizzards. of all the planets this one feels like the most glaring omission. and dammit i love Glacio, i spend half my gameplay time there, it's a wild and beautiful place and the resource pods are the most valuable. weather on Glacio would mess up my time there, but it would also be logical.

Yeah that would be great for Glacio :)