Sign in to follow this  
__3214

"The Snowflake" -Hydrazine farm

The Snowflake is a hydrazine farm that allows you to run around nonstop making hydrazine during the day and most of the night, if not all(depending on the wind).    

361420_20161228041328_1.png

361420_20161228041436_1.png

361420_20161228041803_1.png

Congrats on making sure the game gets mega nerfed.  Now you've shown what everyone will do from now on, they'll have to make changes.  Nothing beats shooting yourself in the foot.

That said, it was almost certain that the devs would have to add hydrazine in as an ore, which means the amount of fuel you can make will be limited by what you can mine.   So snowflakes like this will be pointless.  Until then, enjoy your game of running in circles.

Edited by Martin

3 hours ago, Astr0neer said:

For this to constantly produce Hydrazine do you have to keep clicking on the synthesise button or is the process automated? 

You would have to click the buttons, I normally have all of my production in one row so I can just run along the line, with the trading platforms somewhere on the sides. It's pretty overpowered at the moment, and I'm sure they're working on a way to balance it.

There is no way to balance it.  Never has been.

To stop people doing this, they need to completely re work the condenser to use an ore.   Why people are doing this is beyond me, other than to highlight that you can.

Defeats the entire purpose of the game, people do this, they then get bored, make game reviews claiming the game is boring and it's entirely their own fault.

It's good for the game when these things get exploited. The devs need to see what the problems are so they can fix them.  

Another solution would be to make the Hydrazine non trade able.

Yeh but it kind of defeats the purpose of the trader, if you're blocking items from being traded.

Edited by Martin

Nah.. i want (and need) to do something to my excess items.. i dont want to pile something i have been lucky getting a lot because some dumbs exploit the game.

Options?:

• Time gate the trade per resource so you cant use the same resource more than X times per Xtime
  • Time gate the return of the resource ship so it get long to come back
  • Adjust the amount of  Hydrazine needed
  • Add a currency token and adjust hydrazine to a really low value
  • Transform hydrazine nodes to gives ore instea of fuel
Edited by kioga

Could also limit number of modules over a given area or to a given base habitat node to 1.  For both condenser and trader.

I think they should turn the condenser into a sort of smelter for hydrazine ore thus cutting off the flow if free resources for trading.

Edited by DarkestKnightz

3 hours ago, DarkestKnightz said:

It's good for the game when these things get exploited. The devs need to see what the problems are so they can fix them.  

Another solution would be to make the Hydrazine non trade able.

or just make Hydrazine have no value

3 hours ago, DarkestKnightz said:

I think they should turn the condenser into a sort of smelter for hydrazine ore thus cutting off the flow if free resources for trading.

This is I think the mostly likely avenue, as it will resolve both issues at the same time.   No more free air fuel, no more free resources from trading.

10 hours ago, Astr0neer said:

For this to constantly produce Hydrazine do you have to keep clicking on the synthesise button or is the process automated? 

If it was automated then you'd have a $20 screensaver, not a pre-Alpha game, you'd just sit there in front of the screen and watch the game play itself. At least now you still have to click.