hipz

Unplayable FPS lag in multiplayer

Recommended Posts

I've seen a couple threads about this, I hope this is at the top of the Dev's list of fixing, because after only 4 hours of play the game is completely unplayable due to severe FPS lag. :( It works fine until my partner loads in to the game, then my FPS drops to 1-5 frames a second.  I tried windowed, fullscreen, Vsync on and off, different resolutions, and combinations of all of them.  The lag starts at the exact same point every time, as he's flying down in his pod to join up with me.

PC (Steam), Windows 10, AMD A10-6800K CPU @ 4.3ghz,  EVGA GeForce GTX 960, 24gb of ram, game is installed on an SSD with plenty of free space, 1920x1080 resolution @ 60hz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do not worry you are not alone with these problems. Also on xbox one game has many problems, andnot s are resolved I think that many people abandon the game. But you have to consider that we are still at the pre-Alpha version, so it takes some time and I have a lot of confidence in this game.

Edited by dvx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Xbox it seems that more stuff= bad fps, this totally makes sense and I hope you guys are doing the best you can with performance issues, best wished

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sir Tubs said:

On Xbox it seems that more stuff= bad fps, this totally makes sense and I hope you guys are doing the best you can with performance issues, best wished

I am positive and I am confident in the skill of the development team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dvx said:

I am positive and I am confident in the skill of the development team

Oh I don't doubt that one bit, and I do realize this is only Pre-Alpha.  I'm just hoping game-breaking bugs like this are put in higher priority than cosmetic stuff like the backpack issue, that can be resolved in 30 seconds just be re-attaching the items to your backpack.  It would be cool to see a priority list or something, or a type of bug tracker like I've seen other alphas have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hipz said:

Oh I don't doubt that one bit, and I do realize this is only Pre-Alpha.  I'm just hoping game-breaking bugs like this are put in higher priority than cosmetic stuff like the backpack issue, that can be resolved in 30 seconds just be re-attaching the items to your backpack.  It would be cool to see a priority list or something, or a type of bug tracker like I've seen other alphas have.

there is one it's on the official website and they have said many times that performance and bugs are the first priority, its shown in the road map, it seems they want the base game to be good before they try to add more things probably with their own bugs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sir Tubs said:

there is one it's on the official website and they have said many times that performance and bugs are the first priority, its shown in the road map, it seems they want the base game to be good before they try to add more things probably with their own bugs

Ah, ok I'll have to check that out.  Also, not sure what you mean by making the base game good before adding things, nothing in my post has anything to do with adding anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hipz said:

Ah, ok I'll have to check that out.  Also, not sure what you mean by making the base game good before adding things, nothing in my post has anything to do with adding anything.

I meant like the cosmetic stuff, which i just paraphrased as anything new that is bug fixing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, hipz said:

Oh I don't doubt that one bit, and I do realize this is only Pre-Alpha.  I'm just hoping game-breaking bugs like this are put in higher priority than cosmetic stuff like the backpack issue, that can be resolved in 30 seconds just be re-attaching the items to your backpack.  It would be cool to see a priority list or something, or a type of bug tracker like I've seen other alphas have.

I agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now