ddrs15

stuttering movement on novus

version: 1.11.62.0
platform:pc
pc specs: cpu=ryzen 5 2600, gpu= radeon rx 560, ram= 16gb.

i recently bought the game and have really been enjoying it, i went to novus for some hematite for iron, and the extra lithium can usefull i thought, but i have been noticing that walking/running on novus is just really stuttery, it feels like you keep on running into walls, but there are none, on a selfmade flat plane you can walk just fine, but when walking over the naturally generated terrain you just keep on getting stuck on nothing. i haven't had this problem on sylva or vesania(the other planets that ive been on). maybe it is just a one time and this stuttery movement will be gone when i get back to novus another time, restarting the game doesn't change it, i also don't know if this happens on any other planets, but it is kinda annoying.

love the game so far btw, great game.

hope this can be fixed, or explained if its just a game mechanic i don't understand, but it really doesn't feel like the movement should be like that on novus.

I was having this same issue on xbox and would have to jump everywhere I went in order to reduce it. It's like you are hitting tiny invisible walls that you can't step over. 

Same thing is happening to me as well. Except that it doesn't matter if I leveled the terrain or not. I keep running into invisible edges and have to jump everywhere.

Getting this exact same problem only on Novus, starting to seem like a bug.

Playing on a Nitrado Dedicated Server.

I've got the same problem, especially on Atrox where I can't walk more than a few steps before getting stuck. Gotta do the moon-jumpy walk to get anywhere 😂

Novus hasn't been too bad in my case, though it does happen there as well.

Astroneer Version: 1.14.74.0
Platform: Windows 10
Hardware:
  CPU intel i5-2500k
  GPU NVIDIA Gforce GTX 1060 6GB
  RAM 8gb

I have been having the same issue on Atrox. The stutter does not affect any other movement except for walking or running. When the sun rises and sets, you can see the silhouette of the planet on the bottom of the clouds. The silhouette of the planet stutters/oscillates and coincides with the stuttering when I try to walk or run. I have also seen the planet move like this from orbit. It appears there might be something funny going on with the code used to calculate the position and movement of the planet. Walking/running lag would make sense since your position relative to the planet would likely need to be recalculated every time the planet oscillates.

This has been happening to me on Atrox. I haven't been to Novus yet. My co-op player also noticed it.