Storage Lock by type see notes

Dave T

If we had an extra socket on the storage items like the medium store and silo storage etc, that does not consume the item but uses the attached item as a filter. 

so for example if i have 3 large storage silos, completely filled with small storage silos, if i attach aluminium to the filter slot when i switch through the blueprints it only puts aluminium back on that storage silo, this means that i wouldnt have hundreds of materials randomly placed all over storage silos and platforms, it would keep all the carbon where i chose carbon to go and all the glass to go where i chose glass too. 

Also useful if i attach a drill to a vehicle and i want to only pick up resin on one storage unit and only grass on the other storage unit, as i drill it uses the filter socket i attatched resin to as a check to say only apply resin to this storage units sockets etc.

Take a look at my suggestion for Inventory Management Item Sorter.  It basically does exactly this and is getting some attention.  If it gets enough attention perhaps they will implement the idea.

17 hours ago, Rashaka said:

Take a look at my suggestion for Inventory Management Item Sorter.  It basically does exactly this.

Well no, your power plug item transfer system does pull from one platform an pushes onto another one - this "filtered" storage puts a priority on things that are getting pushed into a platform. Work well in conjunction put different things ;)

On 4/23/2020 at 2:09 PM, Dave T said:

If we had an extra socket on the storage items like the medium store and silo storage etc, that does not consume the item but uses the attached item as a filter. 

It's fantastic. I want it. 👍