KnavishPlum

Cannot Join Friends World?

Hello, I recently got back into Astroneer with two friends, one is on PC and I and the third friend are on Xbox. We have been joining and playing mostly fine with some issues such related to gameplay and connecting, but after the recent update (1.11.62.0), but now we can't connect at all. The PC friend is the host, when I try to join, I am told the session does not exist or is invalid. What is weird is that he can join me on my world though. 

It seems like it could be related to cross-play, but it only seems to be an issue if the Xbox is connecting to a PC and not the other way around. 

Thanks! 

Posted (edited)

I've also had this issue. I was on a friend's world mining, and came up to the surface to unload. I clicked on a carbon stack in my backback I looted, but it didn't go to my hand, it deselected, so I clicked the ground to see if it would just teleport/drop it, and I immediately disconnected. Now it just says "session is invalid" every time I try to join him. He has restarted his game since the initial kick.

I'm on pc

Edited by Mophise

22 hours ago, Mophise said:

I've also had this issue. I was on a friend's world mining, and came up to the surface to unload. I clicked on a carbon stack in my backback I looted, but it didn't go to my hand, it deselected, so I clicked the ground to see if it would just teleport/drop it, and I immediately disconnected. Now it just says "session is invalid" every time I try to join him. He has restarted his game since the initial kick.

I'm on pc

Are they on PC or Xbox? While I can't be sure since I am have Teredo issues on my PC version, I think this may be something with cross-play. I tried yesterday and instead of just getting in "invalid session" message, now I get the "joining host" and a blurred loading screen for a few minutes before being kicked back to the main menu.